USC Biochemistry/Night Classes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fairandbalanced

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
does any one know of a college in orange county California that offers pre-pharmacy night classes? I need to take Biochemistry this fall but I can not take it during the day because I have a full time job.

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

fairandbalanced said:
does any one know of a college in orange county California that offers pre-pharmacy night classes? I need to take Biochemistry this fall but I can not take it during the day because I have a full time job.

Thanks

Well, not at USC (like your title) because Biochemistry is taught only in the spring, and I don't think they have night classes.

fairandbalanced said:

Thanks

Try Irvine city college (www.ivc.edu), I registered the week before for a night class and got in. The class size was really small too, so definitely check it out.

Members don't see this ad :)
fairandbalanced said:

Thanks

I work full time as well AND go to school full time... couldn't quite squeeze in biochem during the regular school year so I am taking it during the summer via distance learning at Washington State University (although it's not my school).

It's really great. They send you videos of powerpoint lecture accompanied with all the notes you need, you e-mail your assignments to the instructor and take proctored exams. It's really interesting material and if you aren't able to take it at your university, I think it's a really great option.

https://distance.wsu.edu/courses/guides/mbios303/intro.htm

That's a link to the syllabus and a general overview of what you are getting yourself into. It's a good alternative if all else fails!! (Hope this was somewhat helpful for those of you clueless of how to get the biochem credits... like if you are at a community college or it just can't squeeze into your regular schedule.)

fairandbalanced said:

Thanks

i think golden west or OCC has it.......

Baxter81 said:
Try Irvine city college (www.ivc.edu), I registered the week before for a night class and got in. The class size was really small too, so definitely check it out.

They are offering a biochemistry course at night next fall but that course does not satisfy USC's biochemistry course requirement.

Is the course you're talking about biochemistry?