USC bound students

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hmlaw

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have decided to go to USC... Could you share what made you choose USC, and what other options you had?

Members don't see this ad.

For those of you who have decided to go to USC... Could you share what made you choose USC, and what other options you had?
Here are some reasons why I chose USC.

Money wasn't an issue (HPSP), it has its name, has pretty good clinical, PBL works for me, my undergraduate and USC are very similar in many ways (big campus, diversity, sports, reputation, etc), good looking girls, its weather, fun places around LA (beach, vegas, hollywood). Why not?

I had a couple choices, but it was either Tufts or Maryland or USC for me. If not USC, I would have gone to Tufts.

In the end, you are going to be a dentist. Even if you don't decide to go to USC, go to school where you will like to go and feel most comfortable with. Good luck with your decision.

Lots of family in the area. Great place to buy real estate, especially now.

It was either Nova, Midwestern, Roseman, UNLV, or USC. Well, break it down for you.

Midwestern = no opportunity to specialize. If you want to be an oral surgeon, an ortho, and endo, etc. your dreams are gone. Now that the boards are pass/no pass, it is really important to go to a school with research, or something besides dentistry.

Nova = Florida, is too far and too humid. Plus I live in LA

UNLV = I really, really hate the classroom setting. You are pretty much in ONE classroom your entire first year and second year. That itself depresses me. I know its cheaper than USC, but I'm from LA, lots of people love USC.

Roseman = If you go here, you pretty much have no choice.