You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
USC DPT RESIDENTIAL AND HYBRID 2021/2022 CYCLE
Started by dptstressed
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
smbudrock
New Member
Hi! I received an acceptance email yesterday to the residential program, so you should be getting an email soon!Hi All! Anyone heard any updates from USC? I know last year some individuals were starting to get accepted to both hybrid/residential programs. Thought to make this space to share stats and give updates
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Congrats!!! 🙂 How soon after you applied did you receive an email verifying they received your application? I submitted late July but didn't hear back with confirmation of my app until OctoberHi! I received an acceptance email yesterday to the residential program, so you should be getting an email soon!
dptstressed
Full Member
Congratulations!Hi! I received an acceptance email yesterday to the residential program, so you should be getting an email soon!
dptstressed
Full Member
Curious on this as well! I submitted in August and didn’t get confirmation till October too.Congrats!!! 🙂 How soon after you applied did you receive an email verifying they received your application? I submitted late July but didn't hear back with confirmation of my app until October
futuredptnc
Full Member
Hi there! I'm in the same boat. I also submitted in August and got the confirmation late October! Curious if this is the case for everyone.Curious on this as well! I submitted in August and didn’t get confirmation till October too.
futuredptnc
Full Member
Congratulations!Hi! I received an acceptance email yesterday to the residential program, so you should be getting an email soon!
smbudrock
New Member
Thank you! And I was in the same boat as everyone else that responded, I submitted in August, got a confirmation in October, and then just got the acceptance!Congrats!!! 🙂 How soon after you applied did you receive an email verifying they received your application? I submitted late July but didn't hear back with confirmation of my app until October
dptstressed
Full Member
That’s awesome! May I ask your stats? USC is my dream school but after reading so many posts about costs and education im a little hesitant. Do you think you’re going to accept?Thank you! And I was in the same boat as everyone else that responded, I submitted in August, got a confirmation in October, and then just got the acceptance!
smbudrock
New Member
University undergrad: Goucher College 2017That’s awesome! May I ask your stats? USC is my dream school but after reading so many posts about costs and education im a little hesitant. Do you think you’re going to accept?
Post-bacc: Brenau University
Overall GPA: 3.7
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: Verbal- 153 Quant- 155 Writing- 4.5
Extra-Curric: 4-year varsity soccer player; member of the student athlete advisory committee; represented US collegiate athletes on a volunteer trip in Costa Rica; after graduation I moved to Sweden for 2 years and then moved to Australia playing professional soccer; 1000+ hours of PT Aide experience
Acceptances: Duke, USC
Rejections: none
Interviews: UNTHS, Duke, U Maryland, Emory
And I'm not sure yet what I'm going to do. The cost of USC is insane so that definitely makes me a little hesitant, but I'm not sure because USC is a really great school!
dptstressed
Full Member
Talked to an admissions counselor today, she said they’re taking a break this week and more acceptances will come out beginning of December
Wow, thanks so much to all of you for this information. My application was verified mid-October and am still waiting to hear. Hoping for the best! Is there anything that you all know of that makes USC stand out and make it worth the high tuition? What about for the hybrid? The most important thing to me is the ability to get a good job in the L.A. area when I graduate.
Here are my stats:
(non-traditional applicant, changing careers)
-cGPA: 3.73
-pGPA: 3.96-4.0, depending on how it's calculated
-GRE scores: 165 V, 157 Q, 4.0 AW
Here are my stats:
(non-traditional applicant, changing careers)
-cGPA: 3.73
-pGPA: 3.96-4.0, depending on how it's calculated
-GRE scores: 165 V, 157 Q, 4.0 AW
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredptnc
Full Member
Has anyone heard anything else from USC??
Not yet! I feel like at this time in previous years way more people have heard back by nowHas anyone heard anything else from USC??
futuredptnc
Full Member
Yes I agree! Seems like all the CA programs this year are taking longer than previous yearsNot yet! I feel like at this time in previous years way more people have heard back by now
dptstressed
Full Member
Haven’t heard anything either! But I did speak to an admissions counselor last week and she said it usually takes ~3 months after you sent in your application. When did you guys submit?Yes I agree! Seems like all the CA programs this year are taking longer than previous years
futuredptnc
Full Member
I submitted my app at the very beginning of September or late August I can’t remember the exact date, but right around then! Wby?Haven’t heard anything either! But I did speak to an admissions counselor last week and she said it usually takes ~3 months after you sent in your application. When did you guys submit?
dptstressed
Full Member
Mid Sept! Hoping good news for all of us. Did you apply to both hybrid and residential?I submitted my app at the very beginning of September or late August I can’t remember the exact date, but right around then! Wby?
futuredptnc
Full Member
I’m also hoping for good news for all of us! No, I just applied to the residential program. Did you apply to both?Mid Sept! Hoping good news for all of us. Did you apply to both hybrid and residential?
Early August! I also only applied to Residential only. Fingers crossed we hear some good news soon 🙂Haven’t heard anything either! But I did speak to an admissions counselor last week and she said it usually takes ~3 months after you sent in your application. When did you guys submit?
dptstressed
Full Member
Yes I applied for both!I’m also hoping for good news for all of us! No, I just applied to the residential program. Did you apply to both?
dptstressed
Full Member
Yes keep me updated!Early August! I also only applied to Residential only. Fingers crossed we hear some good news soon 🙂
dptstressed
Full Member
Anyone else get that USC Hybrid email? The influx of apps scares me haha
dptstressed
Full Member
Does anyone think they’ll send out more invites this following week or they’ll be on holiday vacation? I know some schools are pausing until Jan 3rd
I heard back from USC hybrid a couple days ago. I did call them and ask if they had an update though first, so maybe that would help?Has anyone heard anything from USC since the holiday? Anyone have an idea of when they will start sending out notifications again?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
futuredptnc
Full Member
Hi there! I put my deposit down for USC 🙂 I don’t think there’s a FB group yet or anythingHi everyone! does anyone know if there's a group set up for the residential pathway starting in fall 2022? If so, could someone send me the link please?
FutureDPT28
New Member
I recently got my acceptance to the residential program! I haven't committed yet since I'm not sure if I wanted to be in that much debt. Does anybody know if USC give a substantial amount of scholarship? or is it just the 5-10k/year?
futuredptnc
Full Member
I’ve heard it’s only 5-10, not too much 🙁 which is crazy considering how high their cost isI recently got my acceptance to the residential program! I haven't committed yet since I'm not sure if I wanted to be in that much debt. Does anybody know if USC give a substantial amount of scholarship? or is it just the 5-10k/year?
Future.DPT.2025.
Full Member
Anyone going for USC hybrid? Let’s connect 🙂
FutureDPT28
New Member
Yeah, and they don't let you know if you'll get it until the white coat ceremony, which is in August. I declined my spot 🙁I’ve heard it’s only 5-10, not too much 🙁 which is crazy considering how high their cost is
futureot1111
Full Member
Anyone need a roommate by May?! Lol
student2022
New Member
I just got an acceptance email last night into the residential program! Are there any groups to meet other students??
seaswimmer21
New Member
Yes! Would love to!Anyone going for USC hybrid? Let’s connect 🙂
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 2K