Usc Final Round

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

philchungski

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Word has it (email from Eva) that USC will make its final round of acceptances at the end of next week which is May 11. The class status is expected to be about 90% after last Friday's round.

I haven't heard back yet so I'm still waiting. Good luck to everyone trying to get in.

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah im still waiting too...ugh....

P.S. isnt the end of next week techinically May 4?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am still waiting, I interviewed April 5th...crossing my fingers everyday!

The spot I was holding on to is going to open up may 1st (not putting down a 2nd deposit) so there's a seat for someone.

My status on AADSAS was just updated to waitlisted...everyone gets this after the interview right? Or does this mean I am not getting accepted??

Zthang, which acceptance are you taking? Because I am waitlisted at case (b/c I submitted too late) and Accepted at NYU. Just out of curiosity.

It was really tough choosing b/w case and nyu, but i ended up choosing nyu. Mostly just for the clinics and clinical experience. I think the academics are probably taught better at case b/c its smaller and more intimate (maybe maybe not) but patients and cases seemed less diverse than nyu

called USC again to see if they had any new updates on class status and next round of acceptances..

1) the class is supposedly 80% full as of right now.
2) the next round of acceptances are scheduled to go out sometime in the next couple-few weeks...

so i dont know if the original date of may 4th is gonna be a day to wait for... quite honestly... i dont know what to believe... ill just wait until the day actually comes and someone gets a letter...

WAITING IS SERIOUSLY AN ITCH WITH A B!

BTW, does anyone know how many people have gotten off the waitlist in previous years?

BTW, does anyone know how many people have gotten off the waitlist in previous years?

They say they interview approximately 500 ppl. May 1st was the deadline for the second deposit and I already know 3 ppl from my school that didn't put down this deposit (got accepted somewhere else). On their website it says 90% full but I am assuming that quite a few ppl didn't put down the 2nd deposit hence its only 80% full now? Thats what I'm guessing, don't know the real truth about these #s the're throwing at us. Let the wait continue :sleep:

If we don't hear back by May 15th, any of you guys planning to fill out the 2008 aadsas app?

Members don't see this ad :)
They say they interview approximately 500 ppl. May 1st was the deadline for the second deposit and I already know 3 ppl from my school that didn't put down this deposit (got accepted somewhere else). On their website it says 90% full but I am assuming that quite a few ppl didn't put down the 2nd deposit hence its only 80% full now? Thats what I'm guessing, don't know the real truth about these #s the're throwing at us. Let the wait continue :sleep:

If we don't hear back by May 15th, any of you guys planning to fill out the 2008 aadsas app?

im pretty sure we'll hear back by then... but if not... yeah... i think i am.... let the WAITING CONTINUE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! hang in there guys!!!

Hey Guys
About the next round, I've been in correspondance with Ms. Yen recently and I believe she said the committee is reviewing applications and they hope to send out another round before this Friday. I am not completely sure if it will go out Friday, but I'm sure it will probably be soon. Hang in there guys/gals and good luck to everyone still waiting.

Hey Guys
About the next round, I've been in correspondance with Ms. Yen recently and I believe she said the committee is reviewing applications and they hope to send out another round before this Friday. I am not completely sure if it will go out Friday, but I'm sure it will probably be soon. Hang in there guys/gals and good luck to everyone still waiting.

if you dont mind me asking... when was this predent? thats what eva told me when i first orginally posted this thread... i callled today (MAY 1st) and i was told differently by someone else on the admissions staff... any idea???

I am waiting on SC too...I've heard that they accept students as late as in August, granted a seat opens...

I turned down my spot today, after giving my $1000 deposit on Monday :(

Good luck to whomever gets it.

ouch! im assuming you heard back from another school today.... sucks... good luck at wherever you're heading lava...

Ditto...I just wrote the letter to Eva on Monday...I only lost $500....wait...what do I mean only...=(

ouch! im assuming you heard back from another school today.... sucks... good luck at wherever you're heading lava...

Yeah i did...I called USC and they said that they won't refund the money (which I expected). They also brought up (on their own) that if I dispute the charge with the credit card company, they will appeal...

Yeah i did...I called USC and they said that they won't refund the money (which I expected). They also brought up (on their own) that if I dispute the charge with the credit card company, they will appeal...

Wow what money grumbling ******!!

i talked to ryan today... for those of you guys waiting... he said that they are announcing another round this friday....

who knows??? if anyone gets an email... let us know........

I am waiting for USC too. What's the minimum DAT score to be accepted? People who are waiting for USC. What's ur DAT score? When was your interveiw?

I am waiting for USC too. What's the minimum DAT score to be accepted? People who are waiting for USC. What's ur DAT score? When was your interveiw?

minimum at SC is a score of 15 all across.. anything below 15 will not be considered at all...

my dat is 23AA/21PAT
i interviewed on april 5th
**late app**

Has Anyone heard from USC today???????

not yet...checking my e-mail every second I get...:confused:

the emails usually come out at the end of the day....i got mine sometime around 6 pm central time. good luck!!

let the wait continue then...
good luck to all

should wait til around 3-4pm..... woww..... im shisting bricks.... good luck everyone.... if anyone gets one... let everyone know...

nope.... days not over yet.... no email... but 5PM is when its over... soo... just wait... hang in there everyone!.... good luck to all

I have been quietly following the plight of philchungski and others on this thread. I would like to wish all of you the best of luck.

just called to see.... before 4:30 says eva...