USC from LAX

Started by dreamer5
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dreamer5

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What is the best way to get to USC (I'm staying at the Raddison Hotel) from the LAX airport around 9pm? I have a small suitcase.
 
Getting anywhere in LA sucks unless you have a car. If you're renting one, and USC sent you that map of their school, park in the lot in the Nortwest corner of the campus. Bring about 7 dollars in ones for the parking machine. Ofcourse Mapquest will give you all the directions you need. Any other transportation options, I'm not aware of. 🙁
 
Take a Supershuttle. It's the cheapest fastest way there. Driving should be alright then too, but the area's under construction right now so it might be a little confusing 😕. Good luck!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I think your only option is renting a car and drive. Because USC is kind of far from LAX so I think you will end up paying much more to the cab, so its much better to rent a car, and your drive considering LA traffic will be around 1 hr. So leave early and good luck...
 
I was there a couple weeks ago and stayed in the Radisson as well; NewMexDent rented a car and gave me a ride to the interview that morning. I'm not sure on the route we took, but we followed NewMexDent's phone navigation and it took us there in <20 minutes by avoiding the freeway. On the way home it took us on the freeway, which took about 30 minutes in light traffic.

Also I just checked my bag with the concierge during the day; I don't think anyone showed up with their bag, but I don't see it being a problem if you do.
 
I am headed to USC this Wednesday to interview on Thrusday. If you need a ride PM me and we can discuss the details.
 
Take the 105 fwy east to the 110 north. Get off on Exposition and drive west to Vermont Ave and make a right. You'll be at USC. However, I don't know exactly where the dental school is though. 😀