USC Grad rate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dehaandster

Full Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have seen numerous threads about USC's grad rate. When I interviewed there I did over hear a current student make a joke to a classmate. He whispered audibly to the classmate that we should ask about the graduation rate. Then he and the classmate laughed. What this means is up to your interpretation. I also received a printout in my interview packet about how we should not believe the reports about dental school rankings. I don't know how USC ranks but I found that to be odd. This was two cycles ago. I decided to not have my application considered further due to the cost, location, and format of the teaching style. I was not rejected and I don't hate USC. I now consider the teaching style to be advantageous in some ways and if they accepted me this cycle I would attend. I just thought I would post this because many people think others are bashing USC for no reason. There may be some truth to the rumor of their grad rate. I dunno. I don't have specific numbers of their graduation rate or anything on paper to back it up. The rate may be the students fault or maybe the schools. All I know is that was my experience there.