USC Interview FEB 18th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BOBLJ

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have an interview at USC on Friday, Feb 18th? If so, how are you preparing for it? After reading the interview feedback section, it doesn't seem like anyone prepared for it. There must be something else than just reading up on the school's website. Any feedback would help!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry I can't respond to your question...I wish you luck.

Was wondering if you could mention your stats as I'm hopeful of an interview and wanted to learn what marks merit an interview invitation.

thanks

Just reading the interview feedback section is definitely sufficient. The day is exactly how it is mentioned there; long and informational. It's for you to see if you can see yourself at USC and whether or not you like their PBL curriculum. The mock PBL is nothing to sweat about. Just go in there and be yourself. Talk when need to and allow others to as well. Besides that it is out of your control. The admissions/staff don't interact with you personally so I couldn't see how you can prepare. I know before my interview I read up on PBL, USC's mission and agenda, but in the end it was not needed except to give me more info on USC. Hope that helps. If you need more info you can pm me.

Members don't see this ad :)
KNOU4rmCA said:
Just reading the interview feedback section is definitely sufficient. The day is exactly how it is mentioned there; long and informational. It's for you to see if you can see yourself at USC and whether or not you like their PBL curriculum. The mock PBL is nothing to sweat about. Just go in there and be yourself. Talk when need to and allow others to as well. Besides that it is out of your control. The admissions/staff don't interact with you personally so I couldn't see how you can prepare. I know before my interview I read up on PBL, USC's mission and agenda, but in the end it was not needed except to give me more info on USC. Hope that helps. If you need more info you can pm me.

I think that is my number one problem, the mock PBL section. I don't know if talking too much or too little will hurt or help me during the interview. I know that it is appropriate and polite to allow everyone to speak, but at the same time I've heared that it is also good to be the outspoken person in the group?

Hey BOBLJ- I also have an interview feb 18th. I just read through all the interview posts and read up on USC's website. Just relax and get plenty of rest before friday because I heard that its going to be a very long day! Good luck and see you on friday. If you have any other questions, feel free to pm me.

BOBLJ said:
Does anyone have an interview at USC on Friday, Feb 18th? If so, how are you preparing for it? After reading the interview feedback section, it doesn't seem like anyone prepared for it. There must be something else than just reading up on the school's website. Any feedback would help!

BOBLJ said:
I think that is my number one problem, the mock PBL section. I don't know if talking too much or too little will hurt or help me during the interview. I know that it is appropriate and polite to allow everyone to speak, but at the same time I've heared that it is also good to be the outspoken person in the group?

Just don't think about talking too much or too little. Just be yourself and try and find out if you'll like PBL.

BABLJ and Angel21, I'll be at the 2/18 interview, as well, so see y'all there. :)

-David

Dofu said:
BABLJ and Angel21, I'll be at the 2/18 interview, as well, so see y'all there. :)

-David

Thanks for all the help guys. Looking forward to meeting dofu and angel21. See you on friday!