USC Interview May 7th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mwsung

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
going to USC on May 7th for the interview

anyone else invited?

Members don't see this ad.

GREAT~~!!

I don't know what PBL is like but hope it goes just fine
and all of us get accepted, not wait-listed.

My only concern is the tuition. All I have in my bank account is ~18K Canadian dollars and my parents are NOT CEOs. If I get admitted, how should I afford it? Loans, probably. But is there any other ways?

I want to marry a really really really rich OLD woman with US citizenship.

man, that would be SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD

Members don't see this ad :)
mwsung, congrats on your interview invite. I know you were really anxious about it, as I remember your many posts. Way to go. Good luck at your interview, its really chill yet informative.

hahaha....I'm not better than you. I'm applying as an international student too. I will ask for a loan and my sister will cosign for it. Anyways, i'll also try to find someone very rich to marry :laugh: . It's gonna be fun to see you at the interview. I guess i will have a good time and most importantly, try to be not nervous and participate in the group as much as i can. Did you have any other interviews somewhere else??? Ryan told me that there's no one on the waitlist yet, up to this point. :luck:

my1molar said:
Ryan told me that there's no one on the waitlist yet, up to this point. :luck:

What does this mean?

From my understanding, everybody is automatically on the waitlist after the interview. At USC the post-interview list and waitlist are the same thing. Its from this list that they pull people and offer acceptance.

I think he meant that so far, no one on wait-list GOT IN.
Maybe they will start choosing people from the list after their final interview, and since the deadline for the second deposit is coming, there would be more spots available for waitlisted applicants.
wut do u think?

I really hope there are plenty of spaces left... I have already interviewed at USC, and REALLY want to go there. It's a GREAT program, and you know what... who cares how much it is, it's for your future.. and when you're a successful dentist, you can pay off that loan SO easily, trust me. Also, dont worry about the interview, just relax and soak in as much as you can. I really \dnot know how they can determine who can be a good student for their program just through one day of informing us about them and nothing really of us telling anything about us. Oh well. I'm sure they know what they're doing. I just hope they pick the people who REALLY wanna go there-- LIKE ME! hehe.. :)

mwsung said:
I think he meant that so far, no one on wait-list GOT IN.
Maybe they will start choosing people from the list after their final interview, and since the deadline for the second deposit is coming, there would be more spots available for waitlisted applicants.
wut do u think?

Once interviewed, all applicants are automatically placed on the waitlist (aka post interview list). It's from this 'waitlist' that they choose people and offer a position in the class based on a "ranking" which is assigned to each file. Also, although no personal interview exists, applicants DO get scored on their interview performance despite popular beleif.

Schools are interviewing through May? Don't they also receive next cycle's applications the following month, June?

Joining the waitlist at this point, maybe very very difficult to get off and get in at this stage of the cycle... I am guessing.

Mo007 said:
Joining the waitlist at this point, maybe very very difficult to get off and get in at this stage of the cycle... I am guessing.

Moreso at schools other than USC. They are only 3/4 full at this time while other schools have been full for months.