-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
USC interview
Started by pishi1361
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
ya that was me and its true go look at predents, who is this by the way
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ya i dono what thats about.... lucky guy
True.just remember people with 23-25on dat and high GPAs are going to go to other schools other then USC
I was invited last week and will probably turn down the interview.
I 've missed too much school and the traveling funds are running low!
for those of you with recent inteview invites, when did you submit AADSAS and payments or when were you confirmed?
aadsas May 30th
DAT July 30th
I never paid the secondary fee bc I thought it was too much (they still invited me though).
AADSAS June 16th
DAT Aug. 15th
I sent in my fee late August I think.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i have an interview as well.
I heard there's no formal interview and there is a writing sample and 3 or 4 cases of PBL stuff on non-medical/dental stuff, meeting current students and long presentation of financial aid since school is very expensive.
Can anyone who interviewed this year share more about this interview process please?? I am not sure what to expect on the writing section and I am not sure how I can do well on the PBL part. I heard I just have to talk and share a lot...
Thanks.
I heard there's no formal interview and there is a writing sample and 3 or 4 cases of PBL stuff on non-medical/dental stuff, meeting current students and long presentation of financial aid since school is very expensive.
Can anyone who interviewed this year share more about this interview process please?? I am not sure what to expect on the writing section and I am not sure how I can do well on the PBL part. I heard I just have to talk and share a lot...
Thanks.
Yea, there is no actual interview.
There really is nothing you need to prepare for, just bring any questions about the school if you have them. There will be a short writing session (can't prepare for that), a short intro to the school, financial aid, Q&A, tour, Mock PBL session (I think they take notes on how you perform, but theres no way to prepare for that either), then lunch.
thats it 🙂
They say if you have extra time (you should be done about 1ish), go tour LA but I would rather roam the school- go look at the dental frat houses or something 😉
There really is nothing you need to prepare for, just bring any questions about the school if you have them. There will be a short writing session (can't prepare for that), a short intro to the school, financial aid, Q&A, tour, Mock PBL session (I think they take notes on how you perform, but theres no way to prepare for that either), then lunch.
thats it 🙂
They say if you have extra time (you should be done about 1ish), go tour LA but I would rather roam the school- go look at the dental frat houses or something 😉
thanks harjay.
what was the writing sample question? if you don't mind sharing.
man, i still have no idea what to expect for the PBL part.
what was the writing sample question? if you don't mind sharing.
man, i still have no idea what to expect for the PBL part.
Yeah thanks for the info. Guess there's not really much to do except act yourself and talk as much as possible during PBL.
Lakersfan--when is your interview date?
i have it on 11/13. i guess i will be seeing you there.
i have it on 11/13. i guess i will be seeing you there.
I'll be there that day too.. see you there...
I have an interview next week but I didn't get their mail. I just called and they had my address wrong.
What was in that mail packet? Can you guys let me know? they said I can get it at the interview but I want to know which information I am missing. So be there by 830 and bring a 2x2 photo? anything else I need to know?
thanks.
What was in that mail packet? Can you guys let me know? they said I can get it at the interview but I want to know which information I am missing. So be there by 830 and bring a 2x2 photo? anything else I need to know?
thanks.
There's also directions on how to get to the school (http://www.usc.edu/private/about/visit_usc/upc_color.pdf use gate 8, park in H/I and walk to the Norris Dental science center)I have an interview next week but I didn't get their mail. I just called and they had my address wrong.
What was in that mail packet? Can you guys let me know? they said I can get it at the interview but I want to know which information I am missing. So be there by 830 and bring a 2x2 photo? anything else I need to know?
thanks.
and theres a 4-page questionnaire. Since you didn't get it, you can just fill it out when you get there, no big deal
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
what is PBL session like? just a battery of questions they throw at you? actually, why do they call it problem-based learning....i assume its just learning by example? PBL sounds sexier i guess.😎
