USC interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

care324

care
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone recieved a letter of invitation from USC.

Members don't see this ad.

did they mail them out already? i thought someone said in another thread that they were going to be mailed out early this week.

anyways, seeing how today was sunday, well technically yesterday was sunday, and no mail is delivered on sunday, i guess we'll all check back later tonite

if you do get an interview, could you post what file number you were? so we can have an idea of how far they went in selecting people for interviews?

glagic said:
did they mail them out already? i thought someone said in another thread that they were going to be mailed out early this week.

anyways, seeing how today was sunday, well technically yesterday was sunday, and no mail is delivered on sunday, i guess we'll all check back later tonite

if you do get an interview, could you post what file number you were? so we can have an idea of how far they went in selecting people for interviews?

When I called the adcom, they said that they'll be sending invites Oct 24th-26th or something. So no one will get anything tomorrow most likely, but the next couple of days we'll see people with invites hopefully

Members don't see this ad :)
Letters have been sent out! I got mine today! :D

btw. i was file number 348

HOLLLLLAH! i got my interview letter today too from USC! WOOOOHOOOOO!!!

omg i'm nervous already.... ogmgomgmogom :scared:

I guess I will be seeing you guys there! :)

My file # was 471 btw, for those of you who want to know how far they went

I was wondering if those of you who got an invitation from USC could please post up your stats? Thank you sooooo much. Congratulations to you all, i know you all will do very well on the interview . :) :) :) :)

Oh, and did you guys receive it through email or through mail?

Here we go again. I'll see you guys there.

MrIntricate said:
I guess I will be seeing you guys there! :)

My file # was 471 btw, for those of you who want to know how far they went

wow..I guess they don't really do rolling admissions. (only to certain extent) Does that mean that the higher your GPA- the better chance of interviewing early?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just got back to my parents house to check the mail, and the letter was waiting there for me right on top of the stack!!! Sweeett!!

got my letter of invitation today!!!! File # 390's.....i'm so excited...but i'm also freaking out!!!

*High Fives*

Congrats guys! I had a little letter waiting for me, too.

File #77

File 76, got mine today also. wow seems like everyone is getting them good luck. My appt is at 11:45 am

babieblueazn said:
hey can u guys share your stats?

3.55 pharmcas gpa
89 composite pcat
volunteer in hospital pharmacy
working at savon

i finished and submitted all my stuff not too long ago too. like a couple weeks ago

Got mine today...wish it was in the afternoon though...oyea and File #100s too!

Anyone know how much does the interview count toward your acceptance? 40%? How soon after do you know if you are accepted? Also, are there a cap on the number of applicants they can accept the first interview pool?

Did any of you receive an interview invite and did not have all your LORs in yet?

Fushi.tarazu said:
Anyone know how much does the interview count toward your acceptance? 40%? How soon after do you know if you are accepted? Also, are there a cap on the number of applicants they can accept the first interview pool?

I think 50% goes toward your academics, 30% towards your interview, and the rest...I forgot. I heard that strong applicants recieve acceptance letters 4-6 weeks after the interview. I'm not too sure about this...but I think they are accepting around 40 something students after each interview session and the rest are either wait-listed or rejected. ....maybe someone can clarify this???

They will be sending out 250 acceptance letters, but they are seating only 185 students for the class of 2010.

care324 said:
I think 50% goes toward your academics, 30% towards your interview, and the rest...I forgot. I heard that strong applicants recieve acceptance letters 4-6 weeks after the interview. I'm not too sure about this...but I think they are accepting around 40 something students after each interview session and the rest are either wait-listed or rejected. ....maybe someone can clarify this???

They will be sending out 250 acceptance letters, but they are seating only 185 students for the class of 2010.

So what happens if all 250 people want to go to USC. Do they start rejecting people?

marrymenatalie said:
So what happens if all 250 people want to go to USC. Do they start rejecting people?

No, that would be a terrible thing to do. Instead, I think 250 represents the number of people accepted by the end of the whole process. After all the interviews, they may accept like.. 190-200 people total. But then, inevitably, some people decide to go to another school for their own reasons. Then, USC needs to start accepting more people off their wait list so that they can fill their class. Some of these people have already decided to go elsewhere too, so they just keep asking more people until they fill their class of 180+. So I believe 250 people represents the total amount of people they need to accept before their whole class is filled.

Furthermore, if ~500-550 people interview, then your chance of getting in if you're interviewed is 45-50%... not bad!

Congrats everyone on your interview.

I got to ask, those of you that got the interview, do you guys have all of your prereq's done already or have a high gpa? I still have 4 prereqs to complete. My gpa is 3.6, and my file #'s is in the 380's although i got my complete email on Oct. 20 the day before SC sent invites out. Obviously, people with file #'s in the 400s have gotten interview. I would love to hear some feedbacks. THanks.

thinkblue said:

I got to ask, those of you that got the interview, do you guys have all of your prereq's done already or have a high gpa? I still have 4 prereqs to complete. My gpa is 3.6, and my file #'s is in the 380's although i got my complete email on Oct. 20 the day before SC sent invites out. Obviously, people with file #'s in the 400s have gotten interview. I would love to hear some feedbacks. THanks.

im pretty sure that with 4 prereqs left and a 3.6 gpa you're plenty competitive. i have about the same stats and classes remaining and i got an interview. youll probably get one for the jan interviews.

thinkblue said:

Hmm..strange. My file number is in the 330s and I got my complete email on Oct. 21. Maybe the file #s hardly mean anything. *shrug* I don't know about you, but I'm feeling a little sad about not getting an invite yet. I think my problem might have been in my issues cus I rushed to get them done. *sigh* Oh well, maybe we'll see something in January! :p

Congrats and good luck to those who got their invites! :clap:

cheesygal said:
Hmm..strange. My file number is in the 330s and I got my complete email on Oct. 21. Maybe the file #s hardly mean anything. *shrug* I don't know about you, but I'm feeling a little sad about not getting an invite yet. I think my problem might have been in my issues cus I rushed to get them done. *sigh* Oh well, maybe we'll see something in January! :p

I originally thought the file number meant when you were complete, but now I'm thinking it's when they receive your PharmCas? When I called them a few weeks back, they had my supplemental but not my PharmCas, and said I didn't have a file number yet... and if the file number doesn't represent the time you're complete, maybe it's the time your PharmCas is received. They received my PharmCas about two weeks ago (which is when my file was complete) and I'm in the 470s.

Since you guys were complete right as USC sent out its first wave, I'm sure you'll hear something by the next interview date... :)

Originally Posted by cheesygal
Hmm..strange. My file number is in the 330s and I got my complete email on Oct. 21. Maybe the file #s hardly mean anything. *shrug* I don't know about you, but I'm feeling a little sad about not getting an invite yet. I think my problem might have been in my issues cus I rushed to get them done. *sigh* Oh well, maybe we'll see something in January!

Congrats and good luck to those who got their invites!

I got my complete email on Oct. 18, and at the time I had 1 LOR missing. Today I received an evaluation email stating that my application was being processed and lists the courses I completed and those that were lacking. Did anyone else receive this email today?

Don't worry cheesygal, I'm bummed about not getting an interview too!

cheesygal said:

thanks for the congrats....but I' really don't know how the system works. I got my "file complete" notification on Oct. 7, somewhere in the 390's. From what I was told, "file complete" means that they have everything they had asked you to turn in (PharmCAS, supplementary apps, transcripts). But at this point...I don't know what the file number means now. I really wasn't expecting an invitation letter for the November interview. When I had gone to the USC tour, Sara Heredia told me that the November interview was fully booked...that was a couple of weeks ago. As for my prerequisites...I only need two more classes...and my GPA...I think it's pretty decent.

I'm sure things would turn out in your favor. Hopefully you hear from them regarding the January interview.

cheesygal said:

Thanks for sharing Cheesygal. I know it's hard not to feel sad when you don't get an invite, but there are 3 interview slots left. let us pray that we didn't have invites b/c our files was not yet reviewed at the time they sent out invitations and not some other issue. I got my complete email only after i have emailed Sara Heredia about my file status. Cheer up.

MrIntricate said:
I originally thought the file number meant when you were complete, but now I'm thinking it's when they receive your PharmCas? When I called them a few weeks back, they had my supplemental but not my PharmCas, and said I didn't have a file number yet... and if the file number doesn't represent the time you're complete, maybe it's the time your PharmCas is received. They received my PharmCas about two weeks ago (which is when my file was complete) and I'm in the 470s.

Since you guys were complete right as USC sent out its first wave, I'm sure you'll hear something by the next interview date... :)

I sent you a PM.