USC-Keck MD/MBA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lakersfan

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. This is my first trip to the MD/MBA forum. I just got into USC Keck this past week and am now considering the MD/MBA program there. Does anyone have any more information about this program or if anyone is in the program, can they tell me what the workload entails. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Don't know much; however, USC is consistently ranked in the top 100 MBA programs in the nation. I already have an MBA, and I am just finishing up my PharmD degree. If you have the chance to get an MBA go for it. It will be a great and rewarding experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lakersfan: I e-mailed the admissions office about the program on Friday ([email protected]). I guess I'll hear back sometime next week. I interviewed 2/11 and am waiting for acceptance, but the MD/MBA program is something I will definitely pursue. I know that Marshall requires many months of post-grad work experience, so I wonder if the MD program exempts you from that. Keep me posted.

D_LOVE said:
Lakersfan: I e-mailed the admissions office about the program on Friday ([email protected]). I guess I'll hear back sometime next week. I interviewed 2/11 and am waiting for acceptance, but the MD/MBA program is something I will definitely pursue. I know that Marshall requires many months of post-grad work experience, so I wonder if the MD program exempts you from that. Keep me posted.

I'm pretty sure for the MD/MBA, the post grad work experience wont be required (even though it is if you are getting an MBA through the traditional pathway at any school). However, I know you need to take the GMAT so I ordered a few books off amazon.com to study for the test. I have half a semester off before entering Keck so I might as well get this out of the way. I don't plan on taking classes for the GMAT since my student interviewer told me that the students at Keck who did take the GMAT for entrance into the MBA program just studied on their own (and it was a piece of cake compared to the MCAT).

lakersfan said:
I'm pretty sure for the MD/MBA, the post grad work experience wont be required (even though it is if you are getting an MBA through the traditional pathway at any school). However, I know you need to take the GMAT so I ordered a few books off amazon.com to study for the test. I have half a semester off before entering Keck so I might as well get this out of the way. I don't plan on taking classes for the GMAT since my student interviewer told me that the students at Keck who did take the GMAT for entrance into the MBA program just studied on their own (and it was a piece of cake compared to the MCAT).

With the GMAT, try to make sure to do as many practice problems and tests as possible. The practice tests will help with the timing. There is a good book that students on the businessweek forums mention but I can't seem to think of it. Will let you know if I find it, think it is the complete guide 800 or something. It is filled with tons of practice problems.