USC+LAC vs. SUNY-Downstate

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

quideam

Too tired to complain
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got an email last night announcing that USC + LAC is now officially a 1-4 program, effective for this match. Pretty exciting news - but now it makes my decision that much more difficult. So, aside from location (LA vs. NYC is definitely going to be a subjective call, I know) does anyone have any opinions? Most importantly, which program, in the end, will provide the best training? I get this impression, after interviewing around the country, that USC seems to have more name recognition associated with it... is that even true? Does it matter? I'm just looking for the most intense program out there with the best exposure to trauma and pathology and just overall great preparation for anything I would want to do afterwards (leaning towards working internationally, but who knows right?).

Thank you in advance for your advice/input/mockery :)

Members don't see this ad.

I know where you're coming from! This was really good news, but just when I thought I had my ROL figured out, here pops USC.

It definitely moves up my list by a lot!!!!

I dont know much about NY programs, but my 2 now are UCLA Harbor vs. USC. I know you interviewed in many places in CA...any thoughts about choosing between trojans and bruins?

Good luck, Somehow it always works out in the end.

Any other opinions out there? It's getting really close to crunch time... would appreciate any input!