USC laptops

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mysteree

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys...
Have you guys bought a laptop, and if so what kind are you going for? USC hasn't told us anything about any kind of requirements so I thought I'd ask my fellow classmates.

Also where will you guys be parking, if you've gotten your parking permits. I'll be parking in the boodocks, aka university paking center! CURRENT 'SC students, is this parking option really bad. Sadly, that's all that was available :(

Members don't see this ad.

parking there is not bad, its convenient for a commuter, i had it and lived there, there is a tram that will take u to main campus its good, but if ur gonna stay there late its better if u move ur car to the otehr lots like parking lot B after 5 oclock u can park anywhere on campus.

good luck i didnt get into SC im still on the stupid waiting list

Mysteree said:
Hey guys...
Have you guys bought a laptop, and if so what kind are you going for? USC hasn't told us anything about any kind of requirements so I thought I'd ask my fellow classmates.

Also where will you guys be parking, if you've gotten your parking permits. I'll be parking in the boodocks, aka university paking center! CURRENT 'SC students, is this parking option really bad. Sadly, that's all that was available :(

uklover08 said:
parking there is not bad, its convenient for a commuter, i had it and lived there, there is a tram that will take u to main campus its good, but if ur gonna stay there late its better if u move ur car to the otehr lots like parking lot B after 5 oclock u can park anywhere on campus.

good luck i didnt get into SC im still on the stupid waiting list

Thanks for the feedback..which one's lot B, is that by the Mcclintock gate? Did yo go to 'sc for undergrad? I wish you luck. Did you reapply this yr, just in case?

there is no requirement for labtops at sc. you use whatever you have and if you don't have one no biggie either. the only thing i recommend is getting a wireless network card since the school runs wireless....which i'm sure every labtop has one these days.

parking at sc gets sold out very quickly, next time when they send you a time when parking permits are sold, buy it on the dot. transportation from the university parking center is available. don't worry about it, it runs all the time, well after 5 you can park anywhere with the permit. see you this coming fall then.