USC MD/PhD

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sct3381

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello. I was wondering if any applicants have recently heard back with a decision from USC after their interview. I interviewed back in November and have been on hold ever since then. Just curious about what's going on with the program and whether my situation is typical. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I didn't apply to USC, but I am on hold with several program. Been that way since November. It sucks, but hopefully something will work out for both of us soon.

You can always contact the school and ask them when they make decisions on their "hold" applicants. I've done this with several, and it looks like most schools will be making decisions sometime in the next few weeks.

Thay have already handed out six acceptance, but I know of at least one spot that will open up, hint...hint, and hopfully you will hear something in a few weeks.
later.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm sure quite a few schools will be contacting people on the waitlist within a month. The early deadline (April 15, 19th for cornell) is coming up, and it seems to me that quite a few people have made up their minds. hang in there, I know it's tough... I'm waitlisted at 1 school and I may change my mind if I come off of it.

thanks for the input everyone. i appreciate it.

just received my rejection from USC md/phd a week ago... Oh well, their loss ;)

I just found out that I was waitlisted by USC. Is there anyone else on the same boat? My dad believes very strongly that I should go to NYU (my only acceptance so far), but I'm placing USC much higher on my list. Am I out of my mind? :rolleyes:

i'm waitlisted as well. pretty curious as to whether i still have a chance or not...

Pandora's Box said:
Thay have already handed out six acceptance, but I know of at least one spot that will open up, hint...hint, and hopfully you will hear something in a few weeks.
later.
how do you know that they've handed out six acceptances, and wouldnt they accept more, or they will wait untill somebody drops out?:(

plasticity said:
just received my rejection from USC md/phd a week ago... Oh well, their loss ;)
hey plasticity, did you have an interview and got rejected or you just got rejected? im sorry though, wish you good luck at other schools

nadica31 said:
how do you know that they've handed out six acceptances, and wouldnt they accept more, or they will wait untill somebody drops out?:(

Hey,
That's what I heard last year. They wait for people to drop. I didn't end up going to the program so I do not know if things have changed. Good Luck!