• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.

sct3381

15+ Year Member
Oct 9, 2003
Visit site
Status
Hello. I was wondering if any applicants have recently heard back with a decision from USC after their interview. I interviewed back in November and have been on hold ever since then. Just curious about what's going on with the program and whether my situation is typical. Thanks!

coldchemist

Biowulf
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 3, 2003
UAB
hrem.nci.nih.gov
Status
MD/PhD Student
I didn't apply to USC, but I am on hold with several program. Been that way since November. It sucks, but hopefully something will work out for both of us soon.

You can always contact the school and ask them when they make decisions on their "hold" applicants. I've done this with several, and it looks like most schools will be making decisions sometime in the next few weeks.

Pandora's Box

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
Status
Thay have already handed out six acceptance, but I know of at least one spot that will open up, hint...hint, and hopfully you will hear something in a few weeks.
later.

About the Ads

vixey1230

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Sep 18, 2003
Visit site
Status
MD/PhD Student
I'm sure quite a few schools will be contacting people on the waitlist within a month. The early deadline (April 15, 19th for cornell) is coming up, and it seems to me that quite a few people have made up their minds. hang in there, I know it's tough... I'm waitlisted at 1 school and I may change my mind if I come off of it.

dabenxiong

15+ Year Member
Sep 27, 2002
Status
Resident [Any Field]
I just found out that I was waitlisted by USC. Is there anyone else on the same boat? My dad believes very strongly that I should go to NYU (my only acceptance so far), but I'm placing USC much higher on my list. Am I out of my mind? :rolleyes:

nadica31

Future Oncologyst
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Dallas, TX
Status
Pre-Medical
Pandora's Box said:
Thay have already handed out six acceptance, but I know of at least one spot that will open up, hint...hint, and hopfully you will hear something in a few weeks.
later.
how do you know that they've handed out six acceptances, and wouldnt they accept more, or they will wait untill somebody drops out?:(

nadica31

Future Oncologyst
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 20, 2004
Dallas, TX
Status
Pre-Medical
plasticity said:
just received my rejection from USC md/phd a week ago... Oh well, their loss ;)
hey plasticity, did you have an interview and got rejected or you just got rejected? im sorry though, wish you good luck at other schools

Pandora's Box

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jan 19, 2002
Southern California
Visit site
Status
nadica31 said:
how do you know that they've handed out six acceptances, and wouldnt they accept more, or they will wait untill somebody drops out?:(
Hey,
That's what I heard last year. They wait for people to drop. I didn't end up going to the program so I do not know if things have changed. Good Luck!

About the Ads