USC Medical on Discovery Health: Med Student Feature

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Jaded Soul

Proloxil > Zoloft
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
The episode of "USC Medical" on Discovery Health Channel tonight (Sunday) at 10PM will include a feature on a couple of first year med students preparing for exams. This is the show's only focus on med students, as all other featurettes in the series about patients and physicians.

Regardless of how you feel about USC, it may be of interest to current (and future) students. I never thought there was anything dramatic or compelling about preparing for exams, so I'm really curious to see how they will spin the story to make it "TV-worthy."

JS, Keck/USC '05

Members don't see this ad.

Just watched it. Pretty accurate depiction of what the USC first years go through. Saw that SDN's very own Tazmaniac got some face time. Cool. :cool:

Jaded Soul said:
The episode of "USC Medical" on Discovery Health Channel tonight (Sunday) at 10PM will include a feature on a couple of first year med students preparing for exams. This is the show's only focus on med students, as all other featurettes in the series about patients and physicians.

Irregardless of how you feel about USC, it may be of interest to current (and future) students. I never thought there was anything dramatic or compelling about preparing for exams, so I'm really curious to see how they will spin the story to make it "TV-worthy."

JS, Keck/USC '05

Hate to bring it up but irregardless is not a word. Drives my grampa crazy when people use it. Just so you know.

Members don't see this ad :)
mfleur said:
Hate to bring it up but irregardless is not a word. Drives my grampa crazy when people use it. Just so you know.

With all the people here who don't take the time to type, spell, or use grammar correctly, you're really going to call me out on "irregardless"?

This is the second time I've posted a message about this damn show and it's the second time people have replied without actually commenting about the show. The first time, it was a "USC sucks" from a UCLA student. This time, it's a grammar lesson by someone at my own school. I get the message--I won't bring it up again.

m-
According to the American Heritage Dictionary , copyright 2000, "irregardless" is entered as an official word. Perhaps your gramps would enjoy the 2000 edition.

Jaded-
I enjoy the updates, and look forward to the shows. Please feel free to continue.

dc

Was Tazmaniac that very attractive African-American girl? She was hot. If you tell me it was that male Asian resident or whatever, I'll be upset :) And what's up with the posters of med school crap on the wall? Who does that??

From www.dictionary.com

ir?re?gard?less adv. Nonstandard - Regardless

Usage Note: Irregardless is a word that many mistakenly believe to be correct usage in formal style, when in fact it is used chiefly in nonstandard speech or casual writing. Coined in the United States in the early 20th century, it has met with a blizzard of condemnation for being an improper yoking of irrespective and regardless and for the logical absurdity of combining the negative ir- prefix and -less suffix in a single term. Although one might reasonably argue that it is no different from words with redundant affixes like debone and unravel, it has been considered a blunder for decades and will probably continue to be so.

Anyway. I missed the Lifeline show about the USC med students. Will probably catch it on May 8th.