USC Molecular Biology Pre-req

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sparklehkisses

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I still need to take my Molecular Biology class over summer to fulfill USC pre-requisite requirement...anyone know if any schools in southern California offers this over the summer? ThnX!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh you better make sure you enroll! :eek:

Tarutaru said:
Oh you better make sure you enroll! :eek:
lol, i know! kind of scared...hopefully ill find a school, if not ...OH BOY! UCSF here we COME! ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
sparklehkisses said:
I still need to take my Molecular Biology class over summer to fulfill USC pre-requisite requirement...anyone know if any schools in southern California offers this over the summer? ThnX!

Where in So-Cal are you?

If you are looking for LA's CCs, PCC has BIOL 1C and 38.

i think csula offers this course all year.... BIOL 380

sparklehkisses said:

if you already got accepted to usc, dont u have to finish all pre-reqs by fall. i dont think they accept classes in the summer before the start of pharmacy school.....

anyway, college of the canyons, pcc, santa monica college, moorpark college have molecular bio, but sometimes they dont offer it in the summer. santa monica college is ur best chance for the summer..............

los angeles district community colleges (lavc, lacc, pierce) do not offer molecular bio at all.

i hope it helps, but u better call usc if they gonna accept the summer course before the start of school in august....

stickandstone said:
if you already got accepted to usc, dont u have to finish all pre-reqs by fall. i dont think they accept classes in the summer before the start of pharmacy school.....

anyway, college of the canyons, pcc, santa monica college, moorpark college have molecular bio, but sometimes they dont offer it in the summer. santa monica college is ur best chance for the summer..............

los angeles district community colleges (lavc, lacc, pierce) do not offer molecular bio at all.

i hope it helps, but u better call usc if they gonna accept the summer course before the start of school in august....

I think you are good to go for summer classes: (Found this in the FAQs section)

Can I submit my application before I complete my prerequisites?
Yes. You should have completed most of your pre-pharmacy coursework by the time you submit your application. You must indicate on your application when and where you will be taking the remaining prerequisites. You must complete all your pre-pharmacy requirements by mid-August. It is highly recommended that you complete all math and science courses during the regular spring or fall semesters.

summer school is good and they will accept it but the thing is the dealine...usc has the dealine to turn in all the grade in aug 12 but most of the college like PCC will not finish summer by aug 12
i hope this help

WOW, thnx everyone for your help!! it is greatly appreciated...i hope that everything works out with the summer class because i am looking forward going to USC in the Fall...ill keep everyone posted as to what i find..thnx again!

stickandstone said:
I think you're getting confused with Western. USC takes summer classes, to my understanding.