USC Online Status = Alternate???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

telebeans

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I just checked mine and it says alternate as well. I have no idea what this means either.

Not to burst your bubble, but I doubt it means "acceptance" since its still not Dec. 1st...but at least it doesn't say "rejected" hah. :rolleyes:

Dang it... Same here, Alternate as well...
Hope this is Good sign...

Good luck Guys...

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah. They said I'm an alternate too. WTF!!

Mine still says "under review", where it has been for several months.

I know this is a stupid question but what is the exact website to check your status as USC?

mine still says "under review" since i don't even remember when :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
im calling hold on will edit

ok every1 good news, everyone who interviews is placed on that list, we all have a chance of being accepted dec 1, for those that still say under review, she told me that the system needs to update, so once again every1 is placed on that list, we all have a chance hearing dec 1, i spoke with kerisa (cant spell that)

Last edited:
im calling hold on will edit

ok every1 good news, everyone who interviews is placed on that list, we all have a chance of being accepted dec 1, for those that still say under review, she told me that the system needs to update, so once again every1 is placed on that list, we all have a chance hearing dec 1, i spoke with kerisa (cant spell that)

Thanks creative! Mine says "Alternate" too! Hope we hear from them on Dec 1st.

I called this morning and they said if your status is Alternate means you are a potential candidate for offer.

I called this morning and they said if your status is Alternate means you are a potential candidate for offer.

Thanks...
That's good to hear... Cross fingers...

^This is correct.

Everyone is placed on a huge list and every round of acceptances applicants are pulled from this list. Everyone who interviews make it to the list, and while they are there, their status becomes "alternate."

If you dig up threads from last cycle you will notice that all of us were freaking out last year about this very same thing.

^This is correct.

Everyone is placed on a huge list and every round of acceptances applicants are pulled from this list. Everyone who interviews make it to the list, and while they are there, their status becomes "alternate."

If you dig up threads from last cycle you will notice that all of us were freaking out last year about this very same thing.

Hysteria, I heard there is a new acting dean for USCSD. I guess his name is Dr. ABELSON! How do feel so far about these changes? How is the clinic at USC? It seems it is getting better, right? Have you had a chance to speak to D3 or D4 students and see how they feel about these changes? Thanks.

just checked, i interviewed in Oct so ..im assuming all those who interviewed will be an ALTERNATE. yay! ..what ever that means :idea:

Oh man I don't even know I recognized you today at the interview. Haha, i just realized u dont like the the hockey player, lol. What a weird intuition. It was nice meeting you.

^This is correct.

From what I heard recently from current students is that the clinic has not yet begun renovations and that it'll take at least a year before they start seeing any construction going on. The clinic itself isn't that bad, a little on the old side but probably better than a lot of other dental schools.

Quick question for all of you..I know a few of you have called USC to ask about the status change on AADSAS, so my question is if my status hasn't changed yet to 'alternate', do you think this is a bad sign? I interviewed in October. I don't mean to be the 'paranoid' pre-dent student, I just wanna know if anyone has any additional info. about this status change. Thanks!

Quick question for all of you..I know a few of you have called USC to ask about the status change on AADSAS, so my question is if my status hasn't changed yet to 'alternate', do you think this is a bad sign? I interviewed in October. I don't mean to be the 'paranoid' pre-dent student, I just wanna know if anyone has any additional info. about this status change. Thanks!

Oh no... Not on AADSAS...
Go to http://uscsd03.usc.edu/webtools/ & check your status...
I'm sure yours is ALTERNATE if you've interviewed...

Good Luck...

Did anyone go to USC interview and the status is not "alternative"? I am kind of confused now!

I don't know what I was thinking! I checked my status on the USC web page and it has me listed as an alternate. Thanks for the help.

Hysteria, I heard there is a new acting dean for USCSD. I guess his name is Dr. ABELSON! How do feel so far about these changes? How is the clinic at USC? It seems it is getting better, right? Have you had a chance to speak to D3 or D4 students and see how they feel about these changes? Thanks.

Yes, Dr. Abelson is the new acting dean. Since I was only around for a month before the switch I, can't do much comparing. I will say however that in just his short time serving in that position he has made many positive changes, and really seems to be taking a proactive approach. You can read more in the links below:

http://www.dailytrojan.com/news/dentistry_school_appoints_temporary_dean
http://www.usc.edu/hsc/dental/update/November08/ADMIN_drabelson.html

Oh man I don't even know I recognized you today at the interview. Haha, i just realized u dont like the the hockey player, lol. What a weird intuition. It was nice meeting you.

Yes, I thought it was kind of sad that you thought I looked like my avatar (Which I don't at all!). Maybe it was the hockey aura I was putting off or something. Anyhow, it's always nice to meet fellow SDN'ers at the interviews.

From what I heard recently from current students is that the clinic has not yet begun renovations and that it'll take at least a year before they start seeing any construction going on.

Your statement is about right. There isn't going to be any construction in the near future. When it does start, it will be phased in over a period of time, with an estimated completion date of 2012 (right when I graduate!! :(). It should be awesome when completed. The entire clinic, which right now is wall to wall of operatory cubicles, will be divided up into 9 small group practices thus crating a more intimate atmosphere.

Hysteria and that hockey guy look like they are twins

Yes, Dr. Abelson is the new acting dean. Since I was only around for a month before the switch I, can't do much comparing. I will say however that in just his short time serving in that position he has made many positive changes, and really seems to be taking a proactive approach. You can read more in the links below:

http://www.dailytrojan.com/news/dentistry_school_appoints_temporary_dean
http://www.usc.edu/hsc/dental/update/November08/ADMIN_drabelson.html

Yes, I thought it was kind of sad that you thought I looked like my avatar (Which I don't at all!). Maybe it was the hockey aura I was putting off or something. Anyhow, it's always nice to meet fellow SDN'ers at the interviews.

Your statement is about right. There isn't going to be any construction in the near future. When it does start, it will be phased in over a period of time, with an estimated completion date of 2012 (right when I graduate!! :(). It should be awesome when completed. The entire clinic, which right now is wall to wall of operatory cubicles, will be divided up into 9 small group practices thus crating a more intimate atmosphere.

Actually,

I would like to correct something that Hysteria said about the clinic renovation. The deposit has already been paid to the architecture firm and the first phase date is set for Christmas 2008. I'm not sure when the clinic will be completed in its entirety, but I would imagine sometime in late 2009 or early 2010, but don't quote me on this.

On another note, things are really looking up for USC. Changes have been made to clinic and the new Dean is extremely proactive and attentive to the STUDENT'S NEEDS. :D:thumbup:

Actually,

I would like to correct something that Hysteria said about the clinic renovation. The deposit has already been paid to the architecture firm and the first phase date is set for Christmas 2008. I'm not sure when the clinic will be completed in its entirety, but I would imagine sometime in late 2009 or early 2010, but don't quote me on this.

Well. I hope you're right. I was just relaying the info I was given by the Alumi Relations & Development office last month.