USC or UCSD?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmyy2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been fortunate enough to decide between two amazing schools. I know there's threads on this topic already, but I'm actually having a really hard time deciding between the two. There are definitely pros and cons to both schools but any input will be appreciated. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have been fortunate enough to decide between two amazing schools. I know there's threads on this topic already, but I'm actually having a really hard time deciding between the two. There are definitely pros and cons to both schools but any input will be appreciated. Thanks!

UCSD...less expensive and more exclusive. class is about 60-65 students (All 3.6-3.7GPA). You do rotations with medical students. Special program definitely.

Reactions: 1 user
UCSD...less expensive and more exclusive. class is about 60-65 students (All 3.6-3.7GPA). You do rotations with medical students. Special program definitely.
okay then go UCSD then lmao

As I always say the only downside of UCSD is that it has a super small alumni network while USC has a really extensive one which could benefit you once you graduate. Choose whichever one you liked better when you visited and see yourself being comfortable at.

As I always say the only downside of UCSD is that it has a super small alumni network while USC has a really extensive one which could benefit you once you graduate. Choose whichever one you liked better when you visited and see yourself being comfortable at.
May be a small class but the program is very well known and recognized

Sent from my SM-G935P using SDN mobile

I say the cheaper the better. Ucsd. Especially nowdays.

But if you are the push-over type or like to be assigned the job/where to work/what to do without you making the effort in finding the best choice, go to usc. They do everything instead of you.

Its like choosing an iphone or another smart phone where you decide where to save your stuff in the device as oppose to iphone that does everything for you (you dont control your files, the place is preassigned already)

Another analog - if you like to control things yourself vs to be controlled for your best (both are good, the difference is in the character you have). In other words your own judgement vs majority's judgment