USC PBL interview

Started by dentines
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dentines

New Member
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

Has anyone been to the first round of interviews at USC? I am scheduled for one next Friday and wanted to see if anyone knows if there is an essay question this year and if there are any questions in addition to their PBL mock interview? 😕

Thanks,

Dentines
 
There is an essay question (short- half page). There was actually no formal interview by student or faculty. I was disappointed to not have met a single faculty person while I was there, only admissions staff and some D1/D2s.

I guess USCs interview process is a lot less like an interview, and more of a chance to watch you/let you try out PBL.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There is an essay question (short- half page). There was actually no formal interview by student or faculty. I was disappointed to not have met a single faculty person while I was there, only admissions staff and some D1/D2s.

I guess USCs interview process is a lot less like an interview, and more of a chance to watch you/let you try out PBL.


It's not a stressful interview at all; the admissions staff is super nice and keep everyone relaxed, you'll be fine.
 
Yeah I am flying in from Washington on the 25th staying at the Raddison and leaving back to Seattle on the 26th. You have your interview on the 26th too? Thats great lets go see how this PBL strategy works!
 
Does anyone know what the question is for the short essay? It probably changes, but if anyone has heard please let me know! :idea:
 
Does anyone know what the question is for the short essay? It probably changes, but if anyone has heard please let me know! :idea:

I think the point is to see what your writing skills are like on the spot. Having the question before hand would defeat the purpose.

Oh, and I interviewed there last Friday and the question wasn't anything to be afraid of. Really, they couldn't care less about the content they just want to see if you can express yourself through writing.