USC pharmacy

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

prepharm25

New Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi everybody, I am applying to only 3 pharmacy schools in california this year, because I still have a number of prereq's to complete. Next year I will apply to all eight schools if I dont get in to one iof them this year, and if I dont get in that year then on my third year I will apply out of state and practically everywhere. I really want to go to USC. The problem is that it requires a lot of prereq's that I have not completed yet, but I want to apply just so they know that I exist. So maybe they will see my application again next year and it might actually give them a little bit more encouragement to let me in. Is this a good or badd idea. There is no way I can get in to USC for the fall 2010, because I have prereq's to fill, and they will see that I have lots of prereqs to finish so they might not.

I am just wondering if chances of getting in to pharm school increases with each year that goes by, and if pharm schools hate it when you apply knowing that you cant finish in time. Thank you
 
Hi everybody, I am applying to only 3 pharmacy schools in california this year, because I still have a number of prereq's to complete. Next year I will apply to all eight schools if I dont get in to one iof them this year, and if I dont get in that year then on my third year I will apply out of state and practically everywhere. I really want to go to USC. The problem is that it requires a lot of prereq's that I have NOT completed yet, but I want to apply just so they know that I exist. So maybe they will see my application again next year and it might actually give them a little bit more encouragement to let me in. "Is this a good or badd idea". There is no way I can get in to USC for the fall 2010, because I have prereq's to fill, and they will see that I have lots of prereqs to finish so they might not.

:laugh: are you kidding me? let your GRADES speak for itself. FINISH your prereqs. THEN apply and good luck! to YOU also...:luck:

I am just wondering if chances of getting in to pharm school increases with each year that goes by

NOPE... i mean, what would make it any easier THEN, from NOW?

and if pharm schools hate it when you apply knowing that you cant finish in time. Thank you

i wouldn't know. but, i would think they DO, considering...😉
 
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
If you absolutely can't meet the pre-requisite completion deadline, why would you even waste your money?

Now, if you could meet the deadline, then it might not be a bad idea. But do you really want to torture yourself w/ a possible matriculation agreement that you can't accept?? I wouldn't, sounds really masochistic.