USC still accepting/interviewing?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

orangecountyDMD

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know if usc is still interviewing/accepting and how full the class is? i havent heard a single thing since i turned in my secondary...

Members don't see this ad.

orangecountyDMD said:
anyone know if usc is still interviewing/accepting and how full the class is? i havent heard a single thing since i turned in my secondary...

What are your stats? Maybe the reason is in there.

I don't think stats have anything to do with the delays. There are quite a number of us here who haven't heard from USC in awhile too. All that I got recently was a letter saying that I'm in the top third of applicants and that I should be encouraged. Whooopi! Top third of over a thousand candidates!!! I feel SPECIAL ! hahaha :smuggrin:

Don't worry. I think USC is very sluggish this year, as with most California schools. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
niceteeth said:
I don't think stats have anything to do with the delays. There are quite a number of us here who haven't heard from USC in awhile too. All that I got recently was a letter saying that I'm in the top third of applicants and that I should be encouraged. Whooopi! Top third of over a thousand candidates!!! I feel SPECIAL ! hahaha :smuggrin:

Don't worry. I think USC is very sluggish this year, as with most California schools. Good luck.

In my hand I'm holding an interview invite letter from USC (I turned the offer down). The dates they offered me interviews on were:
March 11th,
March 18th, and
March 25th.

So I would say they still have space both in the class and for interviews.

GPA 3.51, (w/o +/- 3.60) 3.27sci, 20aa/20sci/20pat
University of Washington, BA Int'l Studies
applied: UW, UoP, USC, UPitt, Marq, Temple, Cre, Buffalo, UPenn, Arizona, Louisville, UK.
AADSAS #68--
withdrawn: UPenn, Marq,
interviewed: UW, Arizona, Buffalo, UPitt, Temple, Louisville, USC (declined)
accepted: Buffalo, Upitt
Rejected: UK, UOP
attending: Upitt (unless accepted to UW)

Surprisingly USC is still interviewing. I just got an interview invitation for April 1st and April 8th. The email they sent me was dated March 28th, so they really expect people to drop everything and attend an interview in less than 4 days. Wow!

orangecountyDMD said:

Yes they are still itnerviewing

selecting 144 student.

And this is year is crazy. Too many applicants

I came back from interview 3 weeks ago, still dindn't hear from them.

They will interview till May and the class is 75% full.

That is what I heard.

I like PBL so I would rather go to USC.

I get bored with lectures.

HeHe.

My stat?

3.55 Overall, 3.34 Science (forget it I have so many foreign GPA included)

PAT 22, Academic 21

Good luck fellas

I interviewed march 4th.The final two dates for UOP interviews were march 4th and march 11th. And as far as i know there was only 5 spots remaining, not very good odds, about 60 interviews for 5 spots

I just declined the invitation so there should be another spot opening up for someone.

Same here... 5 minutes ago.

same here. another spot for someone.

Pass the message along to all ur already accepted colleagues to decline ur USC invites...=)

i interviewed at usc about 3 weeks ago, havent heard a thing since. anyone here get accepted yet? heard that their next acceptance cycle was supposed to be this weekend (starting april 1). :confused:

I called them last week, they told me that they still interviewing till the end of April :eek: :thumbup:

I just wanted to see if anyone did get an invitation recently for an interview at the end of April, cuz I havn't gave up on USC yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
they'll be done with the next round of reviews by the end of this week and will be reviewing files every 2 to 2-1/2 weeks, thereafter. The class is about 85% filled at this point.

Dofu said:
they'll be done with the next round of reviews by the end of this week and will be reviewing files every 2 to 2-1/2 weeks, thereafter. The class is about 85% filled at this point.

thanks for the info Dofu, but something confuses me....i interviewed on Mar 18th, which is about 2 weeks and 2 days ago, so am I in this round of reviews that you mentioned above or have I already been given the boot?

Dofu said:

I am some what confused, are these reviews for accepetances or interviews :confused: please explain, and thanks for the info.

DB#1 said:
I am some what confused, are these reviews for accepetances or interviews :confused: please explain, and thanks for the info.
sorry about the confusion.... I was referring to acceptances. All post-interview applicants are put onto the waitlist and are ranked. At each review, the top ranked candidates are given acceptances. The others are put back into the pool for the following rounds.

jurrel- my guess is you'll be a part of this week's reviews. I interviewed in Feb. and have yet to hear from them. So, if you don't hear this round, you still have hope.

Dofu said:
sorry about the confusion.... I was referring to acceptances. All post-interview applicants are put onto the waitlist and are ranked. At each review, the top ranked candidates are given acceptances. The others are put back into the pool for the following rounds.

jurrel- my guess is you'll be a part of this week's reviews. I interviewed in Feb. and have yet to hear from them. So, if you don't hear this round, you still have hope.

OOh ok, i understand the process more clearly now. thanks for the speedy reply Dofu :thumbup:

They said they will review my application first week of April.

I didn't hear anything, arrggg.

Probably I am rejected in first review.

Too sad.

Well, I think I should go somewhere else since I can not wait anymore.

Damn it.

penguinteeth said:
They said they will review my application first week of April.

I didn't hear anything, arrggg.

Probably I am rejected in first review.

Too sad.

Well, I think I should go somewhere else since I can not wait anymore.

Damn it.

i feel your pain penguinteeth, i havent heard anything either. my friend interviewed on 4/8, and she says the class is 80% full. 20% open spots....thats a really competitive percentage.

Has anyone recieving an interview invitation for the last round, in late April?

Just wanted to know, cuz when I called last week they said it was still possible to get an interview there.

I know they are huge on telling people 2 days in advance, so I am just wonding if they will be doing the same for this round of interviews.

DB, I received an email today inviting me for an interview for their last date, 4/29.

Anyone care to give me feedback on USC? I hear mostly negatives re: the cost and the PBL system, but I'm going to give it a shot and try to keep an open mind.

ok, how does USC work , some people say they get a letter saying "they are in the top third" then get an interview... is it like that for all ?

should i stop looking in the mail and accept the fact that USC is not going to happen?

-d

for what it's worth danny, I never received that letter but I am interviewing on 4/29. I wish you luck!

Ruprick said:
for what it's worth danny, I never received that letter but I am interviewing on 4/29. I wish you luck!

Hey thanks . I am like a squirrel looking for a nut , i check my email every 10 mins for USC >. it sucks !!!

dannyben said:
Hey thanks . I am like a squirrel looking for a nut , i check my email every 10 mins for USC >. it sucks !!!

welcome to the club :)

BUMP

I just dont wan't the same thing that heppened to dental916 full story to happen to me :eek:

Did anyone get an interview invitation this week via e-mail?

jurrel said:
welcome to the club :)

Dang with those stats u mean you haven't gotten in yet to USC. What month did you apply in? Thats crazy competition, what in the world is gonna happen when I apply in the 2007 cycle.

Ruprick said:

Hey ruprick,

Can you share your stats with us and when you applied? Also, did usc say that 4/29 was officially the last day they're conducting interviews? :confused:

Thanks!

EkksDee said:
Hey ruprick,

Can you share your stats with us and when you applied? Also, did usc say that 4/29 was officially the last day they're conducting interviews? :confused:

Thanks!

My stats are not amazing. 3.5 sci GPA, 19 AA 21 PAT. Quite a bit of research and extracurricular stuff--I'm also a "non-trad" student that has been in the workforce for a number of years.

They did tell me that the 4/29 group will be the last. For those of you that want to know their status, I'd recommend calling them up! I received an email invite and called that day to accept their invitation.

*edit* I failed to answer all of your questions. I applied VERY late in the cycle--submitted my AADSAS on 2/1 (ID 91XX) but my file wasn't complete until I took the DAT on 3/1. I hope this helps.

Ruprick said:
My stats are not amazing. 3.5 sci GPA, 19 AA 21 PAT. Quite a bit of research and extracurricular stuff--I'm also a "non-trad" student that has been in the workforce for a number of years.

They did tell me that the 4/29 group will be the last. For those of you that want to know their status, I'd recommend calling them up! I received an email invite and called that day to accept their invitation.

For those getting invites recently, Are u applying for open seats or alternate spots?
Thanks. :) Gluck.

victorria82 said:
For those getting invites recently, Are u applying for open seats or alternate spots?
Thanks. :) Gluck.

The adcom I spoke with said they are 80% full.

I received an interview invite on April 15th!!! So don't worry, there is still hope left.~ ;)

Tooth Fixer said:
Dang with those stats u mean you haven't gotten in yet to USC. What month did you apply in? Thats crazy competition, what in the world is gonna happen when I apply in the 2007 cycle.

you got me man, maybe they dont think ill fit well with their pbl program. but anyways, i submitted my app on oct 5, and the schools received it on nov 17th, aadsas# in the 6000's. interviewed on 3/18 but havent heard anything. called the school up and the said their class was 80%-85% full (called on 4/13) and they said that the week of 4/11 - 4/15 was an acceptance cycle week. and they also said those who are accepted will be notified via email first, then by mail. still crossing my fingers.

Ruprick said:

*edit* I failed to answer all of your questions. I applied VERY late in the cycle--submitted my AADSAS on 2/1 (ID 91XX) but my file wasn't complete until I took the DAT on 3/1. I hope this helps.

My stats are even lower:
AADSAS GPA Conversion: Overall GPA: 3.43, Science GPA: 3.60
College Transcripts GPA: Overall GPA: 3.60, Science GPA: 3.76
DAT Scores: AA19/TS20/PAT17, Bio 19, Ochem 22, Gchem 21, RC 20, QR 14.
I am, I guess, a "non-trad" student in the sense that I'm Mexican, Married, Full-time Biomedical Research Associate, have been on the Dean's List, Student of Distinction etc etc.
I also applied very late, 01/15 (ID 88XX), complete the DAT on 11/21. The interview invite I received said the following in bold letters: "The last interview/evaluation session for the 2005 cycle will be held on Friday, April 29th. We will not be conducting any interviews after this date." I encourage everyone to call the USC admissions office to check their status. :)

Hey guys I just got an acceptance letter last week.

I believe they are still accepting.

My stats

GPA 3.58 (Scienc 3.54)
DAT PAT 22, AC 21

Good luck guys!

I did interview on 3/11

penguinteeth said:
Hey guys I just got an acceptance letter last week.

I believe they are still accepting.

My stats

GPA 3.58 (Scienc 3.54)
DAT PAT 22, AC 21

Good luck guys!

I did interview on 3/11

hey penguinteeth, was the acceptance letter in the form of an email, and which day exactly did you receive it? oh and congrats on your acceptance! :thumbup:

edit: Nevermind, i just received my acceptance via email :D

jurrel said:
hey penguinteeth, was the acceptance letter in the form of an email, and which day exactly did you receive it? oh and congrats on your acceptance! :thumbup:

edit: Nevermind, i just received my acceptance via email :D

Heh Heh, Congrat! Jurrel.

I will wonder who is jurrel during orientation.

Hmmm. How do you look like?

Good luck to all of you.

jurrel said:
you got me man, maybe they dont think ill fit well with their pbl program. but anyways, i submitted my app on oct 5, and the schools received it on nov 17th, aadsas# in the 6000's. interviewed on 3/18 but havent heard anything. called the school up and the said their class was 80%-85% full (called on 4/13) and they said that the week of 4/11 - 4/15 was an acceptance cycle week. and they also said those who are accepted will be notified via email first, then by mail. still crossing my fingers.

Jurrel,

your grades are amazing. I am not sure what's up with USC. I have similar grades as you and interviewed with USC on 11/11/04 and still have not heard from them. I know a few people with higher scores (24 aa) that interviewed with USC and still have not heard from them either.

I am not sure what USC is really looking for? Have you been accepted to other schools?