armydentist

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Mar 6, 2005
Status
is anyone still waiting on interviews/acceptances from usc?
how late do they interview/accept?
i havent heard anything from them...

dentist_to_be?

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Feb 9, 2005
Status
Dentist
armydentist said:
is anyone still waiting on interviews/acceptances from usc?
how late do they interview/accept?
i havent heard anything from them...
I just got a letter saying I was in the top third pool and that they were waiting to do a final and third review of my application.... that was about a weeks ago

eran76

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2004
Pittsburgh (but from Seattle)
Status
Dental Student
Just got an interview invite from USC this morning. Actually, they sent it out last night just before midnight. The first interview date is this Friday, for which I'd have to leave tomorrow. I don't know who these jacka$$es are, but do they honestly expect everyone to just be waiting around ready to drop everything at a moments notice? That's seriously whack. The other dates were the 18th and the 25th, slightly more convenient.

I'll be turning down my interview offer (1st time I've done that) so if any of you are out there waiting, there's one more spot open for interviewing. I just wish this had happened like 4 months ago when the rest of the interview offers came in.

DB#1

SDN Angel
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 26, 2004
Burlington, ONTARIO
Status
eran76 said:
Just got an interview invite from USC this morning. Actually, they sent it out last night just before midnight. The first interview date is this Friday, for which I'd have to leave tomorrow. I don't know who these jacka$$es are, but do they honestly expect everyone to just be waiting around ready to drop everything at a moments notice? That's seriously whack. The other dates were the 18th and the 25th, slightly more convenient.

I'll be turning down my interview offer (1st time I've done that) so if any of you are out there waiting, there's one more spot open for interviewing. I just wish this had happened like 4 months ago when the rest of the interview offers came in.

How did you get that? E-mail or UPS???
Thanks.

eran76

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2004
Status
Dental Student
email. it said that they mailed the letter "today" so I'm guessing it went out this morning. They sent the email out just before midnight last night; I'm glad I don't have to work admissions for these people:)

Ruprick

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jan 24, 2005
Arizona
Status
eran76 said:
email. it said that they mailed the letter "today" so I'm guessing it went out this morning. They sent the email out just before midnight last night; I'm glad I don't have to work admissions for these people:)
Congrats! When did you submit your application?

usdental

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Mar 3, 2005
north cali
Status
eran76 said:
Thank you. I submitted on Oct. 4th, but will be going to Upitt if Washington rejects me (should know in the next few days).
If you don't mind me asking...what is your stats??

eran76

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2004
Status
Dental Student
my stats are:

GPA: 3.51 w/o +/- 3.6 Sci: 3.27
DAT: (AA/TS/PA) 20/20/20
Degree: BA in Int'l Studies (Washington 05)
Applied on: Oct. 4th (AADSAS# 62**)
Applied: UOP, USC, UPenn, Upitt, Buffalo, Temple, Az, Washington, Louisville, Creighton, Marquette, Kentucky
Rejected: Kentucky, UoP (lack of interview space)
Withdrawn: Upenn, Marquette
Interviewed: Buffalo, Upitt, Temple, Az, UW, Louisville, (USC, declined)
Accepted: Upitt (only if rejected by UW)

eran76

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2004
Status
Dental Student
eran76 said:
my stats are:

GPA: 3.51 w/o +/- 3.6 Sci: 3.27
DAT: (AA/TS/PA) 20/20/20
Degree: BA in Int'l Studies (Washington 05)
Applied on: Oct. 4th (AADSAS# 62**)
Applied: UOP, USC, UPenn, Upitt, Buffalo, Temple, Az, Washington, Louisville, Creighton, Marquette, Kentucky
Rejected: Kentucky, UoP (lack of interview space)
Withdrawn: Upenn, Marquette
Interviewed: Buffalo, Upitt, Temple, Az, UW, Louisville, (USC, declined)
Accepted: Upitt (only if rejected by UW)
I also was accepted at Buffalo but turned them down. Burrrrrrr :D