USC student survey

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

compugirl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for those who have interviewed at usc,

do u guys know if they use those "student survey" and "student profile" things in the admissions process? at the top of the forms it just says that its used for recruitment purposes and statistical purposes, or something like that. anyone know how comprehensive we have to be? this isn't like a secondary , right?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know, these two forms are not important in the processes. They can always find these information from AADSAS application. Basically, they select students from those who do well in the interview.

Just my personal thought.

Members don't see this ad :)
Gretlin,

How do you think they judge your performance on the interview?

It didnt seem like they had much to evaluate.

Shawn. I specifically asked a lady (not Eva) who was one of the evaluators in my interview about this question.

She said "As long as you were invited to an interview, everyone was standing at the same point."

I guess she implied USC would evaluate our academic records before they would give us interviews or not. After that, they would focus on other characters. HOWEVER, I don't exactly know how it goes.

Then what's the point of having us filling out those 5 pages of personal information?

Btw, does anyone hear about the kit that we suppose to buy in the interview?

what kit are you talking about? I didn't see anything about purchasing any kit in my letter

EC,

I beleive the 'kit' is for international dentists. They are required to buy a kit and do some 'hands on' evaluations.

I never bought a kit.

Does anyone have an idea of how many people they invite to interview? That couls answer the question about whether we have equal standing at the interview. If they invite only a few applicants (class size x 2 + 20%) then that may be true. If they invite a lot more, then I'd have to suspect that they go back over the records again.

I had no idea that they make you buy something during the interview. I wonder what that's all about. Maybe I should start reading the pre-interview packet. I'll probably do it the night before at the hotel. Maybe even over a couple of drinks (just kidding). :D

They invite 450-500 people for an interview. Out of those, they typically send out a total of about 300 acceptances to fill the 144 seats.

I got this info from the interview.

accept 300!
that's a lot for only 144 seats.

Not really that much. Thats a little over 50% melt. I beleive NYU has 70% melt according to Brochnizer.

This is probably the norm for the more expensive privates.

Originally posted by ecdoesit
Then what's the point of having us filling out those 5 pages of personal information?

Btw, does anyone hear about the kit that we suppose to buy in the interview?

While I was filling out these forms, I felt I just repeated my answers. I guess I just filled them out as detail as I can since I am very interested in USC.