USC Supplemental Application

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gruniongal

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
On USC's website they make it seem as if you need to submit your PharmCAS application before submitting any part of their supplemental application. Is this true or is it ok to start sending transcripts and other supplemental application materials to them before submitting my PharmCAS application?

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

well, i've submitted my pharmcas, but they haven't sent it to the schools yet so i don't think that they know that i have. and i've submitted part of the usc supp (there's two parts, the usc grad app and the pharm school supp after u finish that one) already and nothing's been said about it.

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted my USC supplemental application right after PharmCAS mailed my application so I think USC received my supplemental application (since it was directly sent to them) first. Has anyone heard anything from USC? A lot of other schools have been confirming that they received my application and I hate yet to hear anything from USC. Just wanted to know if this was unusual. Thanks!

i haven't heard anything as far as confirmation goes from USC. anyone else heard anything? (confirmation, missing transcripts, etc)

i haven't heard anything as far as confirmation goes from USC. anyone else heard anything? (confirmation, missing transcripts, etc)

i just got an email today confirming that they received everything. my pharmcas mailing date was 7/27 and they received my last lor on 8/17.

I also got a confirmation email saying my file is completed, but I still need to wait for my initial prepharmacy course evaluation email from them. (I think)
Do you guys know how many emails do we get before any notification on interviews/rejection?

I also got a confirmation email saying my file is completed, but I still need to wait for my initial prepharmacy course evaluation email from them. (I think)
Do you guys know how many emails do we get before any notification on interviews/rejection?

their first interview date is nov 10 so id assume wed start hearing about interviews in 2-3 weeks

shylock, when did you turn in everything including supplementals?
nerv12345, I turned in my supplemental on 7/28, and PharmCAS submitted my file on 7/27.
Still waiting for more follow-up emails though. =)

Got my confirmation that my file is complete today through email

Members don't see this ad :)
^me too today.

I was wondering for the people who have finished their supplemental and pharmcas, did you guys also send in a separate transcript to USC's pharmacy dept or grad dept?

received my prepharmacy course evaluation email from them, now what? Do we get more follow-up emails or just wait for interview invitation/rejection letter?

i just started my applications...

am i on the late boat???

did you guys all do the LORs? for usc, we need 3 right?

i just started my applications...

am i on the late boat???

did you guys all do the LORs? for usc, we need 3 right?
you'll only need 2 letters LOR

i'm not sure if you are in the late boat but the sooner you submit the better because USC is on rolling admisions

does anybody know when the admissions committe starts the review process?
also, i got my application complete confirmation today...i had 2 LORs submitted to pharmcas...and 1 via USC app....does anybody think that usc is using my pharmcas LOR's since my application packet is complete?

also, i got my application complete confirmation today...i had 2 LORs submitted to pharmcas...and 1 via USC app....does anybody think that usc is using my pharmcas LOR's since my application packet is complete?
it's interesting that your file is complete because USC does not receive the letters from PharmCAS - that is why you need to submit LORs directly to them

In another USC related thread, someone said they have began reviewing applications

can i submit part 1 of the grad app w/o finishing up the LORs?

or do I have to wait for those to get complete??? thanks

can i submit part 1 of the grad app w/o finishing up the LORs?

or do I have to wait for those to get complete??? thanks

yes you can submit the grad application, as long as you have the 2 recommenders filled in. Unlike pharmcas, I believe once you submit part I, you can't change/ edit your recommenders.

Good Luck.

Sorta in a pickle here:

USC requires an cumulative avg of 3.0... I have a 2.99 :scared:

I think if i submit my application, they MAY look at it. However, it definitely seems that USC requires a higher cut-off mark than other schools such as Western or UCSF. Does anybody know if USC is more GPA-based school? because I think my strength lies in extracurricular, and definitely not in my GPA.

I've contacted USC regarding my q.. but haven't received any reply yet.

What do u guys think?

yes you can submit the grad application, as long as you have the 2 recommenders filled in. Unlike pharmcas, I believe once you submit part I, you can't change/ edit your recommenders.

Good Luck.

thanks

so for pharmCAS, my LORs aren't completely filled out (only 1 recommender is in), can i e-submit and then get the 2nd LOR in or do I have to wait until I fill out the 2nd recommender

did anyone submit more than 2 for USC?

for those of you who are "done" with USC Apps, does USC start considering you for admission once EVERYTHING is in including LORs or once they received some of your application?

Isn't it possible for someone to be done really early, but their LOR don't come in until way later? Would they not be considered "early" then?

USC is on rolling admission correct? has anyone been contacted yet for an interview?

i have 2 LORS submitted through pharmcas, and 1 LOR through USC, but the rec letter section says complete, but i haven't received a confirmation email yet. i applied late around 10/10.

i hope they still review me without the 2nd LOR.

I submitted everything on sept 30. Last week they told me that my transcripts were missing. Do you think it'll affect my position since USC has rolling admissions?

I submitted everything on sept 30. Last week they told me that my transcripts were missing. Do you think it'll affect my position since USC has rolling admissions?

It will probably affect you since they can't review your app until they get all the info. I don't know why they can't just look at the pharmcas app for the grades but they don't. I wouldn't sweat it though. They give out about 600 interviews so it's not like they are running out of space. UOP gives out 250 interviews and Loma Linda gives 100 so those schools you should be worried about. :D

I received my confirmation yesterday that my application is complete...I'm hoping to make the Nov interview date. Do you think my stuff got in too late to make that date? How long after USC confirmed your application did you get an interview? Thanks!

I received my confirmation yesterday that my application is complete...I'm hoping to make the Nov interview date. Do you think my stuff got in too late to make that date? How long after USC confirmed your application did you get an interview? Thanks!

As far as I know, the interview invites for November have been out for 1 week. I'd look for January.