USC Tuition?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

berrytart

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi!

I'm still deciding whether I should go to USC or Loma Linda next yr for pharm. I started to look for their tuition info but their websites offered none. When I called loma linda the secretary told me $27,000/yr but she didnt' know if that included food/books/housing (???). Does anyone have any info on the tuition cost of these schools????? Thanks!

=)

Members don't see this ad.

berrytart said:
Hi!

I'm still deciding whether I should go to USC or Loma Linda next yr for pharm. I started to look for their tuition info but their websites offered none. When I called loma linda the secretary told me $27,000/yr but she didnt' know if that included food/books/housing (???). Does anyone have any info on the tuition cost of these schools????? Thanks!

=)

While LLU's facilities are newer, the faculty are nice (i didn't say niceR), each student gets pretty much their own advisor because the class is so small, and the surrounding is absolutely more gorgeous, I chose USC School of Pharmacy over Loma Linda University SOP b/c:
1) far well established because it's been around for 100 yrs
2) distinguished faculty members
3) vast # of resources
4) curriculum, curriculum, curriculum (cooler electives, externships/clerkships/rotations beginning your first yr!!)

Most importantly, while the LLU faculty is doing everything they can to make sure they become accredited, there is no 100% guarantee. So even though students can still take the Boards to get their license in the event the school doesn't become accredited, I wouldn't want to take the risk of being possibly connected to a school that didn't get accredited the first time around.

Members don't see this ad :)
FutureRxGal said:
Did you not get into med school?

oh yeah! 4got that berrytart was also pre-med! so how's the pre-med dept going, berrytart?

I would pick USC even if it was like 10k more a year because in the end I doubt that 40k will make a difference in the big scheme of things.

I only applied to 10 med schools...got 2 interviews and pulled my application from one. I've already realize that pharmacy is the road I truly want =).

berrytart said:
I only applied to 10 med schools...got 2 interviews and pulled my application from one. I've already realize that pharmacy is the road I truly want =).

yay! i realized that while both med and pharm are of interests to me, I'm not as interested in learning how inch of the body works as I am in learning about how to treat them, how these drugs work, and finding solutions (meds) to treat the diseases.

Umm, are you like a cheerleader??? what's up with rah rah stuff on all your posts???

thaliagoo said:
Umm, are you like a cheerleader??? what's up with rah rah stuff on all your posts???

I don't recall seeing "rah rah stuff" on ALL her posts. Some people are just happier/more optimistic than others more often. does this :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: :love: bother you? :D

this troll sure woke up on the wrong side of the bed today.

The tuition is expensive! It is almost 31,000$ a year.

I believe that USC's tuition goes up about $1,000 each year :(

I rather go to USC anytime than a SDA school. Going to a religous school can be tough on you. You can not do certain things (ex. drink and get drunk). USC has the best football program in the nation. Why not go there?

BESTPHARMACY said:
I rather go to USC anytime than a SDA school. Going to a religous school can be tough on you. You can not do certain things (ex. drink and get drunk). USC has the best football program in the nation. Why not go there?
interesting take on USC.....

i personally go to a southern baptist school and they have never dictated what i can or cannot do during my spare time.

So school tuition is 30k...how much is the estimated cost of books and living....? thanks!