USC Update letter?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dennisDDS

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have 2 questions, I receieved a letter from USC with a quote

"Your application has completed the preliminary review and will remain under consideration until the class is finalized in early august"

Did anyone else get a letter like this?

Its really long and explains the average scores and a paragraph on how they look at everything numbers, Volunteering, etc..

What does this mean? I wish they were clear yes or no.

Its dated Sept 5
Dennis.

Members don't see this ad.

i think that might mean that they have reviewed your application, but aren't ready to extend an interview invitation (?). they have started inviting people for interviews, so maybe they just sent that so that you knew that they had looked at it and you haven't been rejected (good thing!). i don't know though, just a guess.

looks like you are wait-listed?? not sure..
how long has your app been under review?
would you mind sharing your stats?

--------------
I agree with Bruinlove, it's more like 'continuing review' at UB bc the decision has not been made yet. Wait listed means the decision has been made and you are just waiting for someone to withdraw their acceptances from one and go to another.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I think it's basically like 'continuing review' or 're-review' at other schools.

I received the letter, too. I assume that we are waitlisted.
My numbers are 3.7 Sci and 3.6 Overall from Berkeley with 22/22/22.

I received the letter, too. I assume that we are waitlisted.
My numbers are 3.7 Sci and 3.6 Overall from Berkeley with 22/22/22.

omg..your stats are very solid...pretty much sams as me except I have very low RC, wich dragged my aa down a lot.. man..this worries me...
why do you think you didn't get invited? not much ECs??..darn..

-----------------
just checked your predents. you already got a bunch of interviews..congrats!
I don't think you don't even need to worry about USC if that's not your top choice. GL!

got this letter today as well

i got it too...but i think a lot of us will eventually get an interview sometime down the road since usc is not the #1 choice for many ppl. personally...i wouldn't want to go to usc because of its pbl and low board passing rate, unless of course it's the only school i get into...

did you guys get this letter by email or snail-mail??

For those who received the letter, did your status change on the USC status page?

Via snail Mail and No it still says "under review"

Last cycle everyone got this letter. We all freaked out the same way, so no worries.

Yup, the letter is sent to everyone that meets their "unstated requirements", so basically everyone gets it....sorry to disappoint, and yes, my status on their current applicant page is still "under review"

Members don't see this ad :)
Last cycle everyone got this letter. We all freaked out the same way, so no worries.

Do you know if everyone gets this letter before they are interviewed? Or is it just a standard letter they send to you?

Last edited:
For those who received the letter, did your status change on the USC status page?

My status changed to " invited". USC only takes people with BA so maybe that is why people with better stats have not been accepted. It is not my number 1, 2, or 3 choice. So there will be a lot of movement after december. I have talked a lot with people at my other interviews and they feel the same way.

My status changed to " invited". USC only takes people with BA so maybe that is why people with better stats have not been accepted. It is not my number 1, 2, or 3 choice. So there will be a lot of movement after december. I have talked a lot with people at my other interviews and they feel the same way.

you don't mean BA/S before applying, do you?
I am a senior and will earn my BS before the 2009 fall matriculation. Hope I meet their criteria.

you don't mean BA/S before applying, do you?
I am a senior and will earn my BS before the 2009 fall matriculation. Hope I meet their criteria.

I am not sure. All I know is that everyone that has enrolled in the last seven years has had their BA before summer of matriculation. That is what they told me over the phone.

For those of you who received this letter, when was your app complete at the school? I submitted AADSAS June 18th..DAT July 29th. I received a USC letter on August 11th, stating they have my AADSAS file, and a bunch of info on how the process works, and to send a check, and other info. I've been on review since then.

Yep Just got this letter, im hoping Hysteria24 is right and we all got it but it doesnt mean much... :) hopefully! But other people have interviews already sooooo that doesnt look to great, only timew ill tell

Yep Just got this letter, im hoping Hysteria24 is right and we all got it but it doesnt mean much... :) hopefully! But other people have interviews already sooooo that doesnt look to great, only timew ill tell

Even after the interview all applicants got an additional letter which made it sound like they were going to be on the waiting list and everyone freaked out then too. It's just the way USC rolls.

ok people, RELAX.. the letter does not mean ful out rejection or anything. it's just a "i'm not gonna give u an interview RIGHT NOW"

my friend had a 21/21/28 and received that letter last year, and then received an interview. the letter said the same BS "compettive applicants have score of balh blah blah"

no worries =)

Yeah, just received this letter today as well. I'm hoping Hysteria is right.

I got the letter too. I dont think we'll ahve to pay anything till they actually want to interview you right? Cause I never received a mail that asks for a process fee. Or if that something I need to go on their website and do it?

Yeah check on that, I paid them some funds

got this letter today as well.

I got the letter too. I dont think we'll ahve to pay anything till they actually want to interview you right? Cause I never received a mail that asks for a process fee. Or if that something I need to go on their website and do it?

I sent out an application fee at the same time I e-submitted AADSAS.

i got the same fluff letter yesterday. Too bad they can't just straight out say," We like your application, but we want to see if someone better than you will apply to our school. If not, then maybe we'll give you a chance." That pretty much summed up the letter. =)

I got this letter, but it seems like everyone has a status for USC on AADSAS, yet I dont! There's nothing on AADSAS for me from USC...should I call??

I got this letter, but it seems like everyone has a status for USC on AADSAS, yet I dont! There's nothing on AADSAS for me from USC...should I call??

I also don't have anything under aadsas status for USC..

In most cases, if you don't have a status on aadsa it just means it's under review. I've received emails from 7 of the 8 schools I applied to saying they're processing my app, but I have no status in aadsas.

I got a letter from USC saying my application is under review but they need my DAT scores, but all the other schools received my DAT scores 2 weeks ago. What's going on?

I got a similar letter dated Sept. 5 saying that they still need my DAT scores. Ive been constantly and continuously checking the USC status check website and it has listed DAT scores as received for about a month now ... So who know??

Hey guys

I'm in Canada and just received this letter yesterday. Unfortunately, I accidentally put it in my recycling pile and its gone :(

Any kind people out there to give me a run through of what it said? I remember that it was pretty long. Any impt info on what actions applicants should take would be appreciated. thanks

I got a similar letter dated Sept. 5 saying that they still need my DAT scores. Ive been constantly and continuously checking the USC status check website and it has listed DAT scores as received for about a month now ... So who know??

Under AADSAS, what is your status?
Mine says "waiting for more information"
Is yours "waiting for more info"? or "DAT score?"

Cuz when i checked USC website, it says DAT score recieved as well as fee.

got the letter 3 weeks ago.. no interview yet =(

I didn't get the letter, but I just got an interview for USC....I think they are sending out a new round.

Ok what the hell?

So people who received interviews from USC, did you get this letter??

Can't locate the URL for USC app status..
can any one of you provide me with the URL? thanks in advance