USC update

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dood

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
so i just checked aadsas...and for the first time ever, it has an update next to USC---

"Although no additional information is required at this time, the committee may require additional documentation in the future. Your application remains under evaluation-- a process which may take up to six weeks."

anyone else get this? anyone get this before an interview or acceptance?? thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

so i just checked aadsas...and for the first time ever, it has an update next to USC---

"Although no additional information is required at this time, the committee may require additional documentation in the future. Your application remains under evaluation-- a process which may take up to six weeks."

anyone else get this? anyone get this before an interview or acceptance?? thanks.

i did... i called them yesterday, that's why it's updated. you can all thank me now. :D

I got this one:

Additional information is required prior to further processing of your application. This might include official DAT scores, updated DAT scores, new grade reports, etc. A letter detailing these requirements has been sent.

But they have had everything since August. I called to find out what it is they could possibly need and the person I spoke to asked me if I had taken classes in the fall- even though I specifically called them 3 weeks ago and told them I did not take classes in the fall. I haven't taken a class since May of '06. Then he said to call back in March- so that's encouraging. I'm going to call back tomorrow.

Members don't see this ad :)
I didn't get any updates. Still blank.........hope this isn't a bad sign.

In Oct. I know late. I was just hoping for USC because I got the same answer about interviewing into april and 1/3 of the class being full. Geez. I guess I'll have to wait and see.

I got the same update, but like the others, I have know idea what they are refering to when they say "additional information required".

I got this one:

Additional information is required prior to further processing of your application. This might include official DAT scores, updated DAT scores, new grade reports, etc. A letter detailing these requirements has been sent.

This is the update message that I got too. I called USC and she said that they were still waiting for my AADSAS Update for my file to be reviewed. They should get it within the next week or so.

Hope this helps.

This is the update message that I got too. I called USC and she said that they were still waiting for my AADSAS Update for my file to be reviewed. They should get it within the next week or so.

Hope this helps.

Problem is that I didn't update AADSAS because I didn't NEED to!

I got the same add'l info req message, has anyone recieved any e-mails from sc so far? how do they invite for interview? email/mail?

same add'n info require message here. They did say everything was good to go earlier. Oh well, at least its a news:D

In an earlier post this site was given http://uscsd03.usc.edu/webtools/ its like uop's update site. I checked it a week ago and it said interview, then two days ago i got an email inviting me for an interview, today my aadsas changed to "Your application has qualified you to participate in the official interview process. In formation regarding scheduling an interview will be sent to your mailing address." About what its saying for you I have no idea, sounds sketchy though oh and my aadsas academic update hasn't happened yet either so I don't think its that. good luck guys.

I got this message today on my AADSAS status page as well. I hope that it is a good sign. :D I don't know what other additional info I could give them, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
i just checked aadsas and it says:

"Wait Listed -- Following the interview, your application has been further reviewed and you have been ranked as an alternate to the program. The class will be assembled from those applicants on the alternate list. No acceptances are extended prior to December 1."

my belief is that everyone interviewed is put on the waitlist and then ranked. and when they're ready to send out another batch of acceptances, they're taken from the top of the waitlist... right?

i just checked aadsas and it says:

"Wait Listed -- Following the interview, your application has been further reviewed and you have been ranked as an alternate to the program. The class will be assembled from those applicants on the alternate list. No acceptances are extended prior to December 1."

my belief is that everyone interviewed is put on the waitlist and then ranked. and when they're ready to send out another batch of acceptances, they're taken from the top of the waitlist... right?

Quite possibly...I was on the waitlist for a good month and half even though I thought I interviewed rather early.

I have the same message next to USC on my online AADSAS application status.

It's weird, as I've withdrawn from USC's application process a month ago.

LOL!!! I guess the admissions office (or office of "student affairs") at the USC dental school is not really organized as people here said!

I have the same message next to USC on my online AADSAS application status.

It's weird, as I've withdrawn from USC's application process a month ago.

LOL!!! I guess the admissions office (or office of "student affairs") at the USC dental school is not really organized as people here said!

True, they are gettin much better then they used to be. Trust me it's been a big improvement lol..

i cant believe that their deadline is 2 weeks away and they are only1/3 full...what's up with that?

i cant believe that their deadline is 2 weeks away and they are only1/3 full...what's up with that?

they told me that they interview into april....? whats up with that.:confused:

i checked my status on the update website and it says "Alternate"....anybody know what that means? Eva said every interviewee is automatically placed on the waitlist but what does "alternate" mean?

i cant believe you even have one rejection bionerd, why do you think they rejected you. I mean you have awesome stats

you know, i always call them and ask the status of my app. but now, i dont know what to say to them. or do.

some people say they are full, or they are done in a couple weeks or whatever. it doesnt make sense how this update came JUST now?? :)

:confused: :confused:

one more spot open :p

good luck :thumbup:

i cant believe you even have one rejection bionerd, why do you think they rejected you. I mean you have awesome stats

thanks...but you wouldn't believe how many people have asked me that question...lol. hey, there's always next year! gotta stay positive and not stressed out because i want to continue to look young :laugh:

thanks...but you wouldn't believe how many people have asked me that question...lol. hey, there's always next year! gotta stay positive and not stressed out because i want to continue to look young :laugh:

yeah. it's complete bs bionerd. you'll probably get a spot soon.

i would call and ask. i called. despite the same message on aadsas, they needed something from me. so my advice to you, my fellow USC hopefuls, is to call.