USC Update??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jol2008

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone heard anything from USC??
Interview invite, update letter???

Members don't see this ad.

Nope. I am still "under review". :thumbdown:mad::(

Members don't see this ad :)
me 4, and mine still says "No" to DAT received, even though I called them and they said they have it...

...you got into Harvard...why on Earth is USC still anywhere near your head?????:D

I just haven't withdrawn my application from other schools yet. I now have the letters drafted and I just need to drop them off at the post office. :D

Man, I hope USC's dental school isn't your guys' first choice school. They have 100% PBL curriculum, and a lot of students don't do well on the national board exam. I have a friend who recently graduated from USC's dental program and it took him 5 1/2 years to complete the program. Too many students fighting over clinic chairs, and the patients who go to USC's dental school for check-ups tend to cancel their appointments last minute. Lastly, only 18% of the students who started in fall of 2003 graduated last year. That's very LOW graduation rate.

1. While PBL is not for everyone and I can understand that, the class of 2008 had the highest board scores in over 20 years. And, I believe every student passed Part I.

2. Yes, the graduation rate was extremely low last year--pathetically low. However, the class of 2008 is on track to "potentially" have an on-time graduation rate near 80%.

3. Patients cancel everywhere.

4. I'm sorry, but the grapevine is a poor way to get information about a school you don't attend.

1. While PBL is not for everyone and I can understand that, the class of 2008 had the highest board scores in over 20 years. And, I believe every student passed Part I.

2. Yes, the graduation rate was extremely low last year--pathetically low. However, the class of 2008 is on track to "potentially" have an on-time graduation rate near 80%.

3. Patients cancel everywhere.

4. I'm sorry, but the grapevine is a poor way to get information about a school you don't attend.

Hopefully, you're not trying to brush away the true facts that a lot of USC dental students are disappointed, and that they are literally fighting over clinic chairs to treat their patients.

Yeah, patients cancel everywhere at all dental schools. But the patients at USC tend to either not show up, or cancel last minute.

Near 80% graduation rate? That's still not a good sign of the dental school trying their best to graduate ALL their students on time.

I may not attend USC's dental school, but I have shadowed there in the past, and a lot of the dental students there are not satisfied with dentistry. The truth bro.

Hopefully, you're not trying to brush away the true facts that a lot of USC dental students are disappointed, and that they are literally fighting over clinic chairs to treat their patients.

Yeah, patients cancel everywhere at all dental schools. But the patients at USC tend to either not show up, or cancel last minute.

Near 80% graduation rate? That's still not a good sign of the dental school trying their best to graduate ALL their students on time.

I may not attend USC's dental school, but I have shadowed there in the past, and a lot of the dental students there are not satisfied with dentistry. The truth bro.

1. I'm not brushing anything under the rug. Like I said before, about 18% graduated on time. Students are not graduating on time because competency exams are a real b**ch (on top of that, most of the faculty are not calibrated properly), students tend to phantom book chairs and then NOT cancel them, and the school doesn't have enough alloted time for students to spend in the clinic for competency exams (which has changed by the way).

2. Again, patients cancel everywhere. I would like to see some hard facts stating that patients in Los Angeles tend to cancel more often than those in, say, Houston. Please, give it up.

3. I'm not telling you or anyone else that 80% is some amazing graduation rate, but when the class before that only graduated 18%, I would call that a milestone. Also, a lot of schools don't have a 100% ON TIME grad rate, I would say more like 85-95% on time grad rate unless of course their requirements are a joke.

4. I never said students were happy here, did I?

I give props to Columbia07 for never backing down when people leave unsupported comments about USC. Others may have given up by now with the constant barrage, but not him. Just crossing my fingers that he's right with the positive signs of improvement he sees, as all signs point to me attending USC next year.

I give props to Columbia07 for never backing down when people leave unsupported comments about USC. Others may have given up by now with the constant barrage, but not him. Just crossing my fingers that he's right with the positive signs of improvement he sees, as all signs point to me attending USC next year.

You're deciding if you wanna attend USC, I'm deciding if I want to attend the interview... Hmmm...

Ouch... Thanks for the jab. :)

damn... it did sound like that... hmm sorry bud. USC as a whole is cool, but peoples ideas have made me ask myself if I really want to go there. b/c i'm not paying the hundreds of dollars to fly there just to be dissapointed.. i'm accepted to a cool place already

damn... it did sound like that... hmm sorry bud. USC as a whole is cool, but peoples ideas have made me ask myself if I really want to go there. b/c i'm not paying the hundreds of dollars to fly there just to be dissapointed.. i'm accepted to a cool place already

No worries... Congrats on the acceptance!!

N[U said:
erdyHoosierDDS;6081833]
Still sounds like a dental school to me.

N[U said:
erdyHoosierDDS;6081833]

It is when it occurs over one year. It shows that the right changes are being made, and that the school is coming through the eye of the storm.

That sounds like it has less to do with the school and more to do with the students who chose to go there. Look at Columbia, he knew exactly what he was getting into and it seems like he's thriving, not to mention virtually holding down the fort alone on the SDN front.

Can anybody post an official link that shows the stats for the USC graduation rates for classs of 2006 or 2007? I couldn't find it on the USC website.

thanks