USC vs. Case

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bumbum

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone. I'm trying to decide between USC and Case...Thoughts and opinions?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone. I'm trying to decide between USC and Case...Thoughts and opinions?

This isn't a good place to ask that question considering most people don't view USC too fondly.....but both are great schools...do whatever is right for u....u can't lose...

I'd be interested to ask studentdoctor people this question:
Is there a worse dental school than USC?

No its the worse school ever...its sucks...its horrible...don't come here!!! I hate everyone, everything...the programs is crap...you know what? it's not even a dental school...I say you might as well just go work at a fast food restaurant your better off!! infact...I wouldn't even ask people that go there, cause I just know, (atleast I think I know) it sucks!! lol :)

you should definitely ask this question from the student doctor people, just like you can ask a elementary student, what they'll do in highschool!!

It's a joke people, don't get rowdy!!
good luck to all!!

case and USC are both great school, chose the one that fits your needs

No, each school is different. Statistically speaking (GPA and DAT) it's a pretty good school. Some folks who like the PBL curriculum, which I believe is a more clinically-oriented style of learning, may find USC a very appealing place. It's all a matter of personal preference.

I'm from the midwest and Im ready for a change. Both are great schools, but I would definitely choose USC.

Whats the tuition at USC? Like $97,000 a year or something like that vs. Case's $47,000. Not to call names, but if you pass up the opportunity to save $50,000 a year, and still come out being a great dentist, then your an IDIOT if you don't take it.

Whats the tuition at USC? Like $97,000 a year or something like that vs. Case's $47,000. Not to call names, but if you pass up the opportunity to save $50,000 a year, and still come out being a great dentist, then your an IDIOT if you don't take it.

I think you exaggerated the price difference a bit too much.

I'm currently a third year at Case, I don't know how it is at USC but tuition is on the rise. They changed their didactic system to Problem based learning, so little groups lotsa talking. Clinic is better than most I hear, you get your own cubicle and all that.

Case is a good school, it's the city that absolutely blows.

lmao ur an IDIOT if you think tuition is $97000 lol...and where did u come up with that number...why not $95000 or $100000 a year why 97000...its actually around $65,000 and saving $20,000/year wouldn't make me choose one school over another...especially a CALI school....

yep you're right 144 idiots graduate from dental school at USC every year, go figure!

Now, this was one of the decisions i had to make last year. I had just mailed my deposit to Case and got the email from USC. I knew that I wanted to to go USC for the name, the reputation, the connections and alumni, the weather, the sports, PBL, hot girls. So i made the decision in one hour, stopped payment on the check just in time, and wrote the check out to USC. I am a first year and have never regretted my decision to go to USC. I really love the school and the program (besides one jerk facilitator) and i can only see the program improving. We will be working in a brand new clinic coming in the summer, the clinic seems to be full of patients and everyone is very chill and helpful. PBL was definitly for me, i love the flexibility and the time i have to study and to play. So for me, even though case was really nice and i almost went there, it was a no brainer. Honestly, who would want to go to Case when you can be a trojan??? to the OP, i'll see you in august.