USC Waitlist or "active consideration" ;)

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by lyyuan, Mar 25, 2007.

1. lyyuan

lyyuan Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Hello

Does anyone know about how many people they actually put on the waitlist, and about how many actually come off of that list?

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Jackanese

Jackanese New Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    You don't actually get a waitlist number till after the decisions are made on the March interviewees. If I remember correctly, last year there were about 100 people on the final waitlist (around mid April). I was #22 and got in around July. I figure atleast 25-30 people got accepted off the waitlist.

4. lyyuan

lyyuan Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Jackanese -

Thanks for the reply :) It sounded like they have several more than that on the list, from my interview session alone they said they waitlisted about 72. I believe the last set of interviews were this past weekend - Did they contact you and let you know your number once they had decided?

Thanks again

5. Jackanese

Jackanese New Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Thats where its confusing. Theres a difference between active consideration and waitlist. You'll find out soon when USC finalizes the march interview decisions. About 50% of the people on the active consideration list from the first 3 interviews will get a rejection letter, the rest, if not accepted, will be placed on the waitlist along with the last 4th interview students. I was on active consideration last year and progressed to the waitlist. If you have any further questions just PM me. I hope I did a good job of explaining it.

6. pengui

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Do people from the fourth interview get placed on waitlist also or do they just get an acceptance/rejection letter?

7. bugslife

bugslife Member
    5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    the admissions people were not nice on the phone... they refused to talk to me about the stats of people getting off the active consideration list. though i do imagine they must've received a gazillion of those calls...

8. Jackanese

Jackanese New Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Yes. They do get placed on the combined wait list.

9. Jackanese

Jackanese New Member
    10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Haha. Now is not a good time to call. I can imagine them so busy finalizing everything now that the 4th interview just completed.

10. sodiumchloride

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    I am on active consideration too. I felt my interview did not go too well. :scared: Crossing my fingers anyway. Good luck to everyone who is on active consideration as well!

11. unicorn93

2+ Year Member

Pre-Pharmacy
    Did you send anything or do anything to further accelerate getting off the wait list?