USC Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

smiles2smiles

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does someone have Stats about USC waitlist.
They had 150 candidates for interview and 32 got accepted.
How many are waitlisted, any input from previous year.
was anyone send rejection?????

Members don't see this ad.

48 only?? not the rest of 120 ppl ? so you mean some people got rejections too?

Members don't see this ad :)
I just spoke to Christopher Williams, other than the accepted 32 or 34 I don't know the no. That they chose this year, few people got wait listed and the rest didn't get rejections(they just don't get any emails) the reason for that is they want to keep people that might be added later to the wait list in case someone didn't want to be on the wait list. And it's rolling acceptance system that means the minute someone rejects an acceptance they move to the next in line on the wait list

i think it will not rolling untill 17th deadline, so need to wait till that

One of the previous posts say that they wait list most candidates and send very few rejections. Are you sure only 48/120 are waitlisted?

One of the previous posts say that they wait list most candidates and send very few rejections. Are you sure only 48/120 are waitlisted?

Somebody told me that there are no rejections. Everyone i know are either accepted or waitlisted. So i am not very sure if they really sent out any rejections

Somebody told me that there are no rejections. Everyone i know are either accepted or waitlisted. So i am not very sure if they really sent out any rejections

yeah that is true.....

i just told me only few are waitlisted not all as i asked him if all are waitlisted,,he said no, only few of the remaining have been wait listed..not know know any more

there were 112 people came for an interview.. not 120

is there anyone who was on waitlist and got accepted recently???

Members don't see this ad :)
Have they started rolling waitlist, anybody with any inputs to this ?

So is it all over for USC ?

You cannot say so until the univ starts. I have heard that few ppl pay the deposit and might opt for a different school after they do so. I have also heard that some people do not turn up on the orientation day. Some people also have visa issues and some have loan issues. So keep your hopes high. I personally know someone who has paid deposit for usc and buffalo both as she is unable to decide which one to choose. Hope this info helps

You cannot say so until the univ starts. I have heard that few ppl pay the deposit and might opt for a different school after they do so. I have also heard that some people do not turn up on the orientation day. Some people also have visa issues and some have loan issues. So keep your hopes high. I personally know someone who has paid deposit for usc and buffalo both as she is unable to decide which one to choose. Hope this info helps

Thankyou so much that gives me hopes :)

Anybody got called recently off the waitlist, pls post guys ...

We will be knowing their final decision in the mid of Feb. This was what was told me to me when I called the admissions office.

That seems scarry , final décision means rejection mostly :( But Thanku for the update .