Usc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pharmdgrl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys...I just got accepted to USC!! But...now I find myself in a little bit of a dilemma. I sent in my acceptance for UOP and was really not expecting an acceptance from USC b/c I really felt my interview went terribly and my essay was not so good. But I got my acceptance last night. Unfortunately I dropped my physiology lab thinking I wouldn't need it anyways and saved myself a quarters tuition. Now it's too late to register for spring term and I have to finish this prerequisite somewhere! So I'm wondering for those of you that chose USC...what made it stand out to you? I'm trying to see if I REALLY want to go to USC over UOP. Advice anyone?? Also...how do I go about finding a school that offers just the physiology lab w/o the lecture and anatomy with it? I took anatomy and physiology lecture at UC Davis already... It seems all schools that I've looked at so far offers them together which requires me to take a full year of anatomy and physiology and I only have the summer to fulfill the physiology lab. sigh...I have a headache...but don't get me wrong, very excited about the acceptance letter!!! :)

Members don't see this ad.

hey! I just got accepted to USC too! And now, I can't decide between UOP and USC. I had really really really wanted to USC before, but not as much anymore. I'm trying to figure out which school I want to attend. Can anyone help with the pros and cons from each school? That would be great.

pharmdgrl said:
Hi guys...I just got accepted to USC!! But...now I find myself in a little bit of a dilemma. I sent in my acceptance for UOP and was really not expecting an acceptance from USC b/c I really felt my interview went terribly and my essay was not so good. But I got my acceptance last night. Unfortunately I dropped my physiology lab thinking I wouldn't need it anyways and saved myself a quarters tuition. Now it's too late to register for spring term and I have to finish this prerequisite somewhere! So I'm wondering for those of you that chose USC...what made it stand out to you? I'm trying to see if I REALLY want to go to USC over UOP. Advice anyone?? Also...how do I go about finding a school that offers just the physiology lab w/o the lecture and anatomy with it? I took anatomy and physiology lecture at UC Davis already... It seems all schools that I've looked at so far offers them together which requires me to take a full year of anatomy and physiology and I only have the summer to fulfill the physiology lab. sigh...I have a headache...but don't get me wrong, very excited about the acceptance letter!!! :)

You can take physiology without anatomy at saddleback college in mission viejo. I know because I'm taking it now to fulfill my prereqs without having to first go through anatomy. www.saddleback.edu hope this helps

my friend has to choose btwn UOP and USC and she choose USC even though she's originally from the bay area. the main reason she choose USC was b/c she wanted to have free summers to work and get more hands-on experience. that way she could really focus on what field of pharmacy she wanted to get into. also, USC's new curriculum is very clinical based with externships starting year 1, which was really important to her. that's just her POV. good luck and congrats!