Usc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

vaio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the class is full? Are they still sending out acceptances

Members don't see this ad.

I just called them yesterday and they said that they will be interviewing well into late April and that the class is barely full....I'm not sure what that means when referring to a class of 144 students.........so if you're still waiting there's definitely hope....

vaio said:

I just received my acceptance today so yes they are still sending them out. However, I will not be attending USC so you can count on at least one more spot open for you! Best of luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just received an acceptance also, but will not be attending.

Lostinbul said:
I just received my acceptance today so yes they are still sending them out. However, I will not be attending USC so you can count on at least one more spot open for you! Best of luck!

thanks...i guess theres still hope for me :oops:

ribo said:

just out of curiousity where will u be going?

I got accepted today as well. I will probably be at USC next fall -- at least at this point. Hold your head up, Vaio. I didn't have the most stellar of DAT scores, but the rest of my app was above average and my interview went well (obviously).

ribo said:

are you going to call them to tell them you are accepting the offer?

I finally heard from USC today too. I thought they would call since they asked for so many phone #'s, but they ended up sending an e-mail. Also, I've heard that they don't fill their class until very late (March or April).

just got accepted to usc today also.

congrats..were all of you guys informed by email?

do u guys think there is still hope for those who havent even been invited to interview yet? I applied superrr early, (like early june) but I still have heard nothing except for that infamous "your applicated has been sent to the next round" or whatever.

vaio said:

vaio i'm in the same boat as you, and am getting really nervous as the days go by. I tried calling them last week, and all they could tell me is that they're still interviewing, I couldn't get any information about where my file was in the process. Have you had better luck contacting them?

Members don't see this ad :)
vaio said:
just out of curiousity where will u be going?

I've been accepted to UCLA but I'm keeping my fingers crossed for UCSF. No word yet from them.

KAP said:
are you going to call them to tell them you are accepting the offer?

I will let them know I'm not accepting their offer ASAP.

Mysteree said:
vaio i'm in the same boat as you, and am getting really nervous as the days go by. I tried calling them last week, and all they could tell me is that they're still interviewing, I couldn't get any information about where my file was in the process. Have you had better luck contacting them?

i emailed eva, and she said that they're still interviewing and that i should wait for a reply...i'm nervous too, i've only gotten acceptance to out of state school, which i want to keep as a last resort

vaio said:
i emailed eva, and she said that they're still interviewing and that i should wait for a reply...i'm nervous too, i've only gotten acceptance to out of state school, which i want to keep as a last resort

could you give me eva's email address? I've only been accepted to an out of state school as well, I'd rather stay local if I can help it.

dentalme said:
do u guys think there is still hope for those who havent even been invited to interview yet? I applied superrr early, (like early june) but I still have heard nothing except for that infamous "your applicated has been sent to the next round" or whatever.

I really don't know how full their class is...someone said they interview until late march, so i guess there is still some hope for you if you get called for an interview

Mysteree said:
could you give me eva's email address? I've only been accepted to an out of state school as well, I'd rather stay local if I can help it.

PMed it

It's true that USC interviews until the end of April. I spoke with several dental students at my interview who got accepted at the end of April. USC has just barely begun to scrape the barrel with acceptances. Many who are accepted will turn it down based on the magnitude of the school's tuition and fees. I know it is getting late in the process for many schools, but it isn't at all unreasonable to hold out hope for an USC acceptance. Good luck and hang in there.

tsgalloway said:
It's true that USC interviews until the end of April. I spoke with several dental students at my interview who got accepted at the end of April. USC has just barely begun to scrape the barrel with acceptances. Many who are accepted will turn it down based on the magnitude of the school's tuition and fees. I know it is getting late in the process for many schools, but it isn't at all unreasonable to hold out hope for an USC acceptance. Good luck and hang in there.

Thanks for that little ray of hope :) However, I'm among those who're in a semi panic mode. :scared: I just wish they'd hurry up...then again I'm in no rush to hear bad news either.. :confused: Are you currently in dental school?

Nope, I am not in dental school yet. But will be next fall.

tsgalloway said:
Nope, I am not in dental school yet. But will be next fall.

Congrats, could I ask what your numbers were like?

So it seems like you guys have already interviewed.....what was your topic on the PBL????? does the interview really last from 9 - 4 pm?????? I'm stressing out about my interview in 2 weeks......

NF81 said:
So it seems like you guys have already interviewed.....what was your topic on the PBL????? does the interview really last from 9 - 4 pm?????? I'm stressing out about my interview in 2 weeks......

theres no way you can really prepare for it....your not expected to solve anything, they just want to see how you contribute i.e. your critical thinking skills etc., there isn't any topic, just a passage about something/events and they want you to go over the steps of PBL, which they will explain to you...relax, it's not that hard

thanks for the tips....I"m sure you'll get in...it's still very early for USC...what school did you get accepted out of state?????

vaio said:

Yesterday, I was really shocked by the amount of tuition that I need to pay if I wanna go to USC. Tuition+ living+etc cost about 85000 per year. VEry expensive...