usc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bruinpredent

UCLA School of Dentistry
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone know what it takes to get into USC (besides what people post on predents.com) these days? Approximate GPAs, DATs? Is it easy/hard to get into?

Do they look for lots of research, or do they focus more on ECs, etc...? More emphasis on GPA or DAT?

Thanks in advance for your insight, and good luck to all those applying this cycle!

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, I dont know the answer to your question, but speaking of USC... has anyone recieved word on what dates are going to be available in NOV? I wasn't able to schedule in Oct. Thanks.

Sorry, I dont know the answer to your question, but speaking of USC... has anyone recieved word on what dates are going to be available in NOV? I wasn't able to schedule in Oct. Thanks.

call them

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes you have to be rich or willing to pull out tons of loans. Tuition total is what now like $80K - 100K per yr now? They keep raising it up every year :thumbdown:

USC's avg dat for the class of 2010 was 20.5 gpa was a 3.5 overall and science. Research helps as they pride themselves on being a research oriented school but it's definitly not a must. Also get married and have your wife get a job at USC, it'll save you half tuition. If i were applying to USC right now, i would email the admissions dept. and let them know that you really want to get in. Eva Yen is a good person to keep in touch with. I saw the last people that were interviewed they all had above 21 on the DAT but don't worry they will be sending out plenty more invites. Also they accept most of their class after dec 1 so don't get too stressed out. Get an interview, be cool in the interview and you'll get in. Letting USC know they are your top choice would be a good thing. I really wouldn't hesistate in writing a letter of intent specifically to USC if i was applying.

USC's avg dat for the class of 2010 was 20.5 gpa was a 3.5 overall and science. Research helps as they pride themselves on being a research oriented school but it's definitly not a must. Also get married and have your wife get a job at USC, it'll save you half tuition. If i were applying to USC right now, i would email the admissions dept. and let them know that you really want to get in. Eva Yen is a good person to keep in touch with. I saw the last people that were interviewed they all had above 21 on the DAT but don't worry they will be sending out plenty more invites. Also they accept most of their class after dec 1 so don't get too stressed out. Get an interview, be cool in the interview and you'll get in. Letting USC know they are your top choice would be a good thing. I really wouldn't hesistate in writing a letter of intent specifically to USC if i was applying.

Thanks for your advice. Funny thing...i'm actually not applying this cycle (don't ask me why i'm posting here...i guess i'm already spazzing about the whole application process...i've practically got half of the application filled out and ready to go for may). I have 2 or 3 schools that I really would like to go to, USC definitely being up on the list.

Think it would be weird if I wrote an email/letter of intent this far in advance? :rolleyes:

They'd probably think i'm crazy, :laugh:

Anyway, once again best of luck to all those applying this cycle

i had an 18/19/22 with a 3.4
lots of work experience, some research, good letters of rec

its a great school and most people here are very happy and would do it again. yes its expensive but id pay a good price for happyness.

good luck

Hey there,

Did they notify you of the interview through e-mail, snail mail or phone call?

Thanks