Usc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

UCLA Paratrooper

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey!

I know you guys are super busy with medical school and all, but I was wondering if you guys could help me out. I'm applying to medical school right now and USC is my number ONE choice. I go to UCLA, and would love to stay in Los Angeles. For those of you that go to USC can you tell me something about USC that I wouldn't be able to see on their website. I'm trying to answer the infamous "why do you want to come to USC" secondary essay question. I've done some work with children from the at-risk population and would love to do so during medical school. Are there any specific community service groups working with this population? I'm also interested in Emergency Medicine and I know the Emergency Medicine program is AWESOME, is there any specific Emergency Medicine interest groups with summer internships for medical students? Anything about the school that would allow me to stand out on the "why you want to come to USC" question would be great!

Good luck to all!!!

UCLA Paratrooper

Members don't see this ad.

Here is some points for you to do some research on:

Diverse population at County USC

Drive to be in the top 10 in 10 years

Introduction to clinical medicine

And the curriculum as Hero mentioned.

I'm not going to help much more than that because I have a problem telling other people what I think admissions people want to hear. I figure, the people who really want to go to USC will do the research and end up at USC.

Members don't see this ad :)
PS Did you have fun Hero??? I had a blast. Lot more fun than I thought it would be.

Yea dude, I had a blast too. It's great getting to know more of the 2nd years. Although the flies were annoying, I'm happy I didn't get any mosquito bites!

Now I have to find the energy to study... blah..

:D

the most awesome part of the trip for me was sleeping under the stars. The temp wasn't too cold and as I mentioned earlier, no mosquitoes. Good times, good times. :)