Usc

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AcrosstheSea

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had an interview in late October and was unfortunate not to receive an acceptance letter on December 1st. I was just wondering if they have sent out acceptances since then or is there just another date where they send out a mass quantity. Also, what are my chances of getting accepted with having a pre-December 1st interview? Congratulations to everyone that got in and good luck everyone that is still waiting to hear.

Members don't see this ad.

I also interviewed late october & still waiting to here from them...
I called to find out exactly what you are wondering about & they told me that...
They are sending out 2nd round acceptance letters after Jan 15th...
But I know last year 2nd round ones were sent out around Jan 10th or so...
So, anyway we have to wait till Jan...
Hope this answers your Q...

Good Luck...:luck:

From what I understand, they will be releasing another mass quantity sometime in early February. Given you were "interviewed" in October, I think you have a decent chance as long as you were vocal in the PBL session and didn't screw up your writing sample (of course, I don't know your stats). I have a feeling a lot of people end up turning down USC because of the price and a lot of the negative feedback people give regarding PBL and the school in general. I was accepted to USC and very happy about it until I interviewed at other schools (UNLV, Tufts) this past week and did more research on this site. Now I'm hoping to get into the other schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
I also interviewed late october & still waiting to here from them...
I called to find out exactly what you are wondering about & they told me that...
They are sending out 2nd round acceptance letters after Jan 15th...
But I know last year 2nd round ones were sent out around Jan 10th or so...
So, anyway we have to wait till Jan...
Hope this answers your Q...

Good Luck...:luck:

They say January 15 but it might be earlier because already there are students who turned down their admission. If last year was Jan 10 then there is a chance that they send acceptances on Jan 10. Their first round was almost the same time as last year!

This year seems to be slightly different than in the past. historically usc accepted only small number of students on dec 1st and filled the class later around march to may. This year they seemed to accept a lot of people on dec 1st. since they interviewed so many. My best guess is the second round is going the thurs or fri after the 15th so they can see how many people didnt make the deposit. Also chances are a lot of people are going to turn down the offer so keep on waiting, if you have good stats and was vocal, you have a good chance.

This year seems to be slightly different than in the past. historically usc accepted only small number of students on dec 1st and filled the class later around march to may. This year they seemed to accept a lot of people on dec 1st. since they interviewed so many. My best guess is the second round is going the thurs or fri after the 15th so they can see how many people didnt make the deposit. Also chances are a lot of people are going to turn down the offer so keep on waiting, if you have good stats and was vocal, you have a good chance.

Predents can also give you some insight with smaller number of people since not everyone updated their profile. Many students who got accepted to USC also accepted to either other California dental schools or if they are non-residents they are offered admission from their own state school. On either first or second week of January, they probably send another mass e-mail to accept another group of students. I rember last year, they were interviewing very late even on March so if you have been interviewed pre-december, you will definitely have very high chances to get accepted.