USciences in Philadelphia Interview

Started by dhuynh7
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

dhuynh7

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was wondering if anyone could provide me with more input about their interview process. I received a last minute invite for 11/20. I couldn't find a lot of information on here from previous applicants and current students. From my understanding, it's a group interview with different groups of 5 students throughout the day. Also, in my email confirmation, admissions indicated that the visit will only require two hours; one hour to interview and one hour to tour. No student/professor panel or financial aid discussions? I thought it was a strange/short process and would like some more feedback.

Thanks in advance!
 
I received an email for December 11th interview. Could you please give me some feedback on their interview process? I am kind of nervous too.

by the way, your interview was 11/20? That is weird because they told me the first interview will be on Dec11th.
 
I received an email for December 11th interview. Could you please give me some feedback on their interview process? I am kind of nervous too.

by the way, your interview was 11/20? That is weird because they told me the first interview will be on Dec11th.

I was wondering if anyone could provide me with more input about their interview process. I received a last minute invite for 11/20. I couldn't find a lot of information on here from previous applicants and current students. From my understanding, it's a group interview with different groups of 5 students throughout the day. Also, in my email confirmation, admissions indicated that the visit will only require two hours; one hour to interview and one hour to tour. No student/professor panel or financial aid discussions? I thought it was a strange/short process and would like some more feedback.

Thanks in advance!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Interviews start a month earlier this year, in November. This is their first year on PTCAS so they're expecting a larger pool of applicants. Did they indicate your interview time? 1PM is the first group and 2PM is the second group.

Overall, it was a great experience. There will be 5 other applicants that interview with you for that hour but it goes by really quick. Its pretty laid back but come prepared and ready to think on your feet. Most of the questions asked could be found on here if you search "DPT interview questions". Also, look into their curriculum and interprofessional program (IPEX) -great questions to ask- I was impressed with the campus during the tour. It had a mix of new and old buildings in a small campus to easily get around.

Relax, be yourself, and check out Patts or grittys afterwards to reward yourself! 🙂 Congrats & good luck!
 
Have you heard back from your interview with USciences on 11/20?

I just heard back from Dec11th interview today. I got in, so happy! I will put my deposit in soon. I hope the best for all of you guys. Let me know..hopefully we could all meet up =]
 
Congratulations! How did you hear by? I'm nervous I still have not heard anything. Do you mind posting your stats?
 
Congratulations! How did you hear by? I'm nervous I still have not heard anything. Do you mind posting your stats?

Aimee called me yesterday from the DEC11th interview. The campus will be closed for the holiday so I think if you don't hear from her by this week, I think is either wait listed or denied letter.

She said most of the people that I interview with got in.

Best of luck for ya.


GPA: 3.5 for underg, prereq, and overall
PT Hours: over 1000+
No GRE
3 LOR
Pre-Pharm major
BS Science

Yourself?
 
Thank you I hope I hear something soon.

Health Science Major, BS of Science
undergrad GPA: 3.8 prereq: 3.4
PT hours: over 1000
4 LOR