Used Berkeley Review Books

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BerkReviewTeach

Company Rep for now-defunct Course & Bad Singer
Vendor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
This time of year, there are several auctions for used MCAT materials, many involving used BR books. A good majority of these offer used books at about 80% to 90% of their cost new and are current versions. But some listings are actually for older books that have become outdated over the past few years. There is a link for how to buy used BR books that you should look at before making any purchase. It will give you information about what is current and what to look for.

One thing I want to point out, mostly because it's a pet peeve, is that there are people who will comment how long it takes for BR books to arrive if you order directly from our website. Nine out of ten times it's posted by someone who didn't actually order from our website. In the past year, you'd be hard pressed to find someone who used a credit card that didn't have the books at their doorstep in less than two weeks from the time they mailed their order form, and most likely within a week. The long wait for books is associated with people who use a personal check that choose to wait the clearance period.

A good set of used current books that are clean of any writing (even erased writing can influence you as you do practice questions) will do the same thing as new books. If you can save $20 to $40 on a current, clean science set or $50 off a full set, then why not do it? But if you are only saving $20 to $40 and getting outdated books with writing, then why do that?

Good luck in your preparation!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Despite all reviews of how long it takes receive books through BR directly I took my chances. I have to say the ordering process may seem inconvenient, but overall great service. From day I mailed order took 12 days get material. Order from South Texas.