Used equipment for D1!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

shootingstar7

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm trying to find information about buying second hand equipment for the first year of dental school. Seems like it's not very common, since I can find any postings on these forums or ebay that say "Dental school equipment" etc.

Anyone have any insights? thanks!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

Most of the time your school makes you buy all their equipment new. Even if you have your own equipment. At least at our school anyway.

Most of the time your school makes you buy all their equipment new. Even if you have your own equipment. At least at our school anyway.

That's the impression I was beginning to get. Thank you for your feedback

Members don't see this ad :)
Just to add to the above, you will want to learn with the school has you use.

They will likely not let you bring in any of your own stuff into the clinic. Therefore, you will be better off learning on the equipment they have, as it will be the same equipment you will be forced to use in clinic.

What do you need? A patient gave me a whole box of equipments left behind her home from someone who had flunked out of first year. There were lots of teeth, kilgoreform, facebow, articulator, bunsen burner, etc.