USF DPT Class of 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ptlover

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone applied and is waiting? I heard that acceptance offers will be sent out next Tuesday or Wednesday. Does anyone know anything about their heavy science based curriculum? Any current students that can talk about the program pros and cons?

Members don't see this ad.

I was put on the alternate list!

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too! where else did you apply?

I applied allllllll over. I've gotten 2 acceptances thus far. I applied to like 12 schools from CA,FL,TX,and IL. How about you? Did you decide if you're going on the alternate list? I sent in my letter today to hold my spot on the list fingers crossed!

I applied allllllll over. I've gotten 2 acceptances thus far. I applied to like 12 schools from CA,FL,TX,and IL. How about you? Did you decide if you're going on the alternate list? I sent in my letter today to hold my spot on the list fingers crossed!

I applied all over as well, but no acceptances yet :/ congrats on your acceptances! I'm a little confused about the alternate list so i sent Matt an email. Does accpeting to be an alternate mean you wont be able pick other schools once you are guaranteed a spot in USF?

I applied all over as well, but no acceptances yet :/ congrats on your acceptances! I'm a little confused about the alternate list so i sent Matt an email. Does accpeting to be an alternate mean you wont be able pick other schools once you are guaranteed a spot in USF?

I PM'd you

I PM'd you

I actually have that same question as I was put on the alternate list as well. If you wouldn't mind PM'ing me what you know I would really appreciate it!

Reactions: 1 user
Hey Guys! I'm currently a first year DPT student at USF and I just wanted to let you know you guys may have a lot of question so if you have any feel free to contact me. I remember stalking this page last year looking people who got in, waitlisted, etc. Also, if any of you were accepted it would be very helpful to start a facebook page. Ours is USF DPT 2017 so maybe you guys should make something similar this way we can keep in contact with you! Stay positive and let me know if you need anything! You can also message me on facebook: Austin Calantoni

Hey Guys! I'm currently a first year DPT student at USF and I just wanted to let you know you guys may have a lot of question so if you have any feel free to contact me. I remember stalking this page last year looking people who got in, waitlisted, etc. Also, if any of you were accepted it would be very helpful to start a facebook page. Ours is USF DPT 2017 so maybe you guys should make something similar this way we can keep in contact with you! Stay positive and let me know if you need anything! You can also message me on facebook: Austin Calantoni

Hi Austin! So i got waitlisted for USF and I was wondering if I have a good or not so good chances to get in. These are my stats:

Overall gpa: 3.56
Prereq gpa: 3.34
PT related hours: 1000+

And how are you liking the program?

Tomakenoexcuses,

Honestly I couldn't give you answer. I know they accept a wide range of GPA's and I know of a few people at the high range and a few people at the lower range. Sorry if that wasn't helpful! As for liking the program. I love it.

Tomakenoexcuses,

Honestly I couldn't give you answer. I know they accept a wide range of GPA's and I know of a few people at the high range and a few people at the lower range. Sorry if that wasn't helpful! As for liking the program. I love it.
That's alright. I heard there are classes such as biochemistry. Have you taken that class yet?

our first medical course included this: Musculoskeletal, Cancer Biology, and Medical Biochemistry.
Honestly, I never took anything past chem II in undergrad and i did fine in those classes. They tailor a lot of the biochem to where PT students are separated from the Medical Students with our own version of the class. Plus a lot of what you learn in biochem will come back in other courses. I would say the most helpful class that I could have taken in undergrad was Cell Biology. The stuff is not impossible and you see a lot of similar stuff in other units so its a good reminder!

Members don't see this ad :)
our first medical course included this: Musculoskeletal, Cancer Biology, and Medical Biochemistry.
Honestly, I never took anything past chem II in undergrad and i did fine in those classes. They tailor a lot of the biochem to where PT students are separated from the Medical Students with our own version of the class. Plus a lot of what you learn in biochem will come back in other courses. I would say the most helpful class that I could have taken in undergrad was Cell Biology. The stuff is not impossible and you see a lot of similar stuff in other units so its a good reminder!

Thanks! That helped a lot. The biochemsitry class has been worrying me. It is nice to hear from somebody who is already in the program.

The wait is killing me... Being on the waitlist sucks. Were you accepted right away?

The biochemistry part really isn't that terrible. The hardest part about the program is being able to balance your medical work with your Physical Therapy work. You get the hang of it after a while though! Yes, I was on the waitlist. There were only a few select people in our class that were not.

The biochemistry part really isn't that terrible. The hardest part about the program is being able to balance your medical work with your Physical Therapy work. You get the hang of it after a while though! Yes, I was on the waitlist. There were only a few select people in our class that were not.

That is great to hear. Thanks Austin! You have helped me tremendously. I hope to hear from admissions soon and I'll post an update here.

I got accepted off the waitlist today!!!!!!

Reactions: 1 users
I got accepted off the waitlisted earlier this week as well. Although, my parents live in another city and I got accepted by a school close to home as well. I did my undergrad at USF. How did you guys choose USF over the schools you applied to??? I loved my alma mater but saving money sounds really good too... Also not too sure if I'm goin to do well working and studying at home.

I got accepted off the waitlisted earlier this week as well. Although, my parents live in another city and I got accepted by a school close to home as well. I did my undergrad at USF. How did you guys choose USF over the schools you applied to??? I loved my alma mater but saving money sounds really good too... Also not too sure if I'm goin to do well working and studying at home.

I too got in to a cheaper school close to home and cost effective. I also did my undergrad at said school. I felt i had experienced all i could there. But USF has great faculty and offers more opportunity. Its a bit more in price but not much. Idk if I personally could stay home and study too many distractions. It just depends on you. If you know USF you may have a good foundation in place for PT school . Congratulations on the acceptance! !

Yeah the only thing is the distractions. Cost is relatively the same. PLUS living at the other school. I don't really know the experience isn't really holding me back. USF was great to me and would be great going back. Anyone know why the graduation rate is 85%?? Other schools I looked at were on the 90s%. I got the letter/call within the month.

Yeah the only thing is the distractions. Cost is relatively the same. PLUS living at the other school. I don't really know the experience isn't really holding me back. USF was great to me and would be great going back. Anyone know why the graduation rate is 85%?? Other schools I looked at were on the 90s%. I got the letter/call within the month.

I assume it's the medical classes combined with the dpt classes that can be hard for some people.

I don't know if this thread is still alive, but I thought I would check. I have applied to the DPT program at USF. I am wondering if you are from Florida? If not, do you know of anyone out of state in your class that has been able to get instate tuition after living there for the first year? Or are there scholarships that help to get cheaper tuition for out of state students? Please let me know. Thanks!

I don't know if this thread is still alive, but I thought I would check. I have applied to the DPT program at USF. I am wondering if you are from Florida? If not, do you know of anyone out of state in your class that has been able to get instate tuition after living there for the first year? Or are there scholarships that help to get cheaper tuition for out of state students? Please let me know. Thanks!
Would like to know as well.

Hey! I'm out of state and unfortunately instate tuition is not possible. There are no scholarships that I know of but you can certainly apply for some online! Msg me if you need anything else

Hey! I'm out of state and unfortunately instate tuition is not possible. There are no scholarships that I know of but you can certainly apply for some online! Msg me if you need anything else

As I can tell online it shows its about $30,000 a year for out of state. If you don't mind me asking is this pretty accurate?

As I can tell online it shows its about $30,000 a year for out of state. If you don't mind me asking is this pretty accurate?
Yes pretty much maybe a little less. Cheaper than many other out of state costs.

I
Yes pretty much maybe a little less. Cheaper than many other out of state costs.
I appreciate the help!! What state are you from? Did you have an insanely good GPA? Or what do you think helped you get a spot in their program? Did you visit the campus at all before you started? Sorry for the question overload!!

I

I appreciate the help!! What state are you from? Did you have an insanely good GPA? Or what do you think helped you get a spot in their program? Did you visit the campus at all before you started? Sorry for the question overload!!

I was wait listed initially my GPA was about a 3.7 . Pre request 3.9 ( I did retake 2 classes). Usf likes diversity and interprofessionalism I reflected that in my essay. I accepted my seat for the program then went to visit after. I'm from IL.

I was wait listed initially my GPA was about a 3.7 . Pre request 3.9 ( I did retake 2 classes). Usf likes diversity and interprofessionalism I reflected that in my essay. I accepted my seat for the program then went to visit after. I'm from IL.

Hey PTlover, I had one more question for you. If I retook a class and did better the 2nd time, do they take the higher of the two grades or do they average them? Thanks in advance :)