USF IMS 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

NoleFamDoc

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Current student here. If you have any questions, I am happy to help you out. Will also post on the Rate Your SMP thread once I have completed the program.

Members don't see this ad.

I am applying this cycle. I have a few questions.

Will I need any letter of recommendations to complete my application?

What is the average MCAT score and GPA for students who enroll in this program?

Around what time does the admissions committee make a decision on the applicant? Is admissions rolling?

Thank you!

I am applying this cycle. I have a few questions.

Will I need any letter of recommendations to complete my application?

What is the average MCAT score and GPA for students who enroll in this program?

Around what time does the admissions committee make a decision on the applicant? Is admissions rolling?

Thank you!
You can send the same LORs from your AMCAS. We sent in our pdf of the AMCAS to apply.

Most of the MCATs were around the 500 range. There is a mini-prep course at the end of the year for retaking the MCAT if you feel like you need a new score. Some people came in with competitive MCATs already, and one of my classmates took it during the break between the summer course and the first block of med classes. GPA was varied quite a bit.

Admissions is technically rolling, but they won't start to make decisions probably until spring. I would email Kevin Casey ([email protected]) for any questions regarding applying and admission. I think I got my application in December/January and was accepted around March.

Members don't see this ad :)
You can send the same LORs from your AMCAS. We sent in our pdf of the AMCAS to apply.

Most of the MCATs were around the 500 range. There is a mini-prep course at the end of the year for retaking the MCAT if you feel like you need a new score. Some people came in with competitive MCATs already, and one of my classmates took it during the break between the summer course and the first block of med classes. GPA was varied quite a bit.

Admissions is technically rolling, but they won't start to make decisions probably until spring. I would email Kevin Casey ([email protected]) for any questions regarding applying and admission. I think I got my application in December/January and was accepted around March.

Thank you so much for your help!

Do you know if there is a good linkage between the IMS program and USF med school or other med schools in Florida?

Thank you so much for your help!

Do you know if there is a good linkage between the IMS program and USF med school or other med schools in Florida?
This is the first year in several years that there isn't guaranteed admit to USF. I know before that guarantee, there was strong linkage between the program and FSU. Since many students are retaking the MCAT after they complete the program, there is a gap year after that half of the students are taking, but are expected to be competitive at most FL medical schools as well as their previous undergrad institutions.

Current student here. If you have any questions, I am happy to help you out. Will also post on the Rate Your SMP thread once I have completed the program.

1. My secondary application materials were considered complete on March 15, how long did it take for you to hear back on the decision for your application?

2. Are decisions delivered by mail or e-mail?

3. How did you like the program? Top tip you can offer incoming students in 2018

Thank you

1. My secondary application materials were considered complete on March 15, how long did it take for you to hear back on the decision for your application?

2. Are decisions delivered by mail or e-mail?

3. How did you like the program? Top tip you can offer incoming students in 2018

Thank you

I remember being complete for a while before I got a decision, which I received by email. I would guess that you would have heard something around now. I recently completed a post on this program on the Rate your SMP sticky thread, which might provide a lot more information you are looking for.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Received conditional acceptance yesterday. Thanks again for giving us all some insight into what to expect.

Reactions: 1 user
Officially accepted! Looking for housing now! Hit me up if you want to try to find something together!

PS Apparently I should mention that I'm a guy and am not affiliated with the Catholic church or any convents. ;)

Last edited:
Officially accepted! Looking for housing now! Hit me up if you want to try to find something together!
Congratulations!!! Send me a private message! I live close to campus so I already have a place to stay but I can help you out if you need to find a good place! It’s go time!!!

What is the major difference between the IMS and the MS programs?

What is the major difference between the IMS and the MS programs?
The MS program is within their own cohort, while IMS is integrated into the first year medical school program.