USF Interdisciplinary Medical Science (IMS) 2015-2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Eternal_Premed_Struggle

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I couldn't find any updated threads on the IMS program for USF this year so I decided to make one. I got invited to apply (along with a Morsani denial) in the first week of March. Has anyone else heard anything back from them?

From what I hear they accept 10-15 students every year and there is an interview. Sounds like a tough program to get accepted to.
 
Yeah, I was invited and applied to the program too. I haven't heard anything so far. I imagine that interviews should go out this week.
 
Anyone know how decent the linkage rate is for Morsani COM? Or Percentage accepted into MD/DO after the program?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Has anyone who applied to the program received a phone call for an interview? I spoke with the office and they said interviews would be taking place the first week in April, so the interview offers should be coming any time now.
 
Thanks. Reading through some other threads, it looks like IMS transitioned to a "conditional acceptance" program. Does one who gets a WL or reject from USFCOM automatically get the invite to the application or is the invite selective?
 
Thanks. Reading through some other threads, it looks like IMS transitioned to a "conditional acceptance" program. Does one who gets a WL or reject from USFCOM automatically get the invite to the application or is the invite selective?
I also think they may have stopped accepting applications already. The link they sent me via email isn't working anymore. I may be wrong though.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
i hope they notify either way. between absolute silence from med schools and not hearing anything back yet for this program, I'm really starting to lose hope
 
is the invitation to IMS a seperate application? is it too late for it? i was never invited too apply but when i emailed them they said they have my application
 
is the invitation to IMS a seperate application? is it too late for it? i was never invited too apply but when i emailed them they said they have my application
I got an email like this:

Did any one get this:
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you an interview this year.

However, we are inviting you to apply to our Interdisciplinary Masters of Science (IMS) program. IMS students are guaranteed to matriculate into the subsequent class if they achieve the benchmarks of the program. To learn more about the IMS program, please visit the IMS website. If you would like to be considered for the IMS program, please apply here. Current or past IMS student are ineligible to participate in the new IMS pipeline program. If you have any questions pertaining to the IMS program or your eligibility status, please contact Shirley Smith at [email protected] or 813-396-9944.
 
I got an email like this:

Did any one get this:
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer you an interview this year.

However, we are inviting you to apply to our Interdisciplinary Masters of Science (IMS) program. IMS students are guaranteed to matriculate into the subsequent class if they achieve the benchmarks of the program. To learn more about the IMS program, please visit the IMS website. If you would like to be considered for the IMS program, please apply here. Current or past IMS student are ineligible to participate in the new IMS pipeline program. If you have any questions pertaining to the IMS program or your eligibility status, please contact Shirley Smith at [email protected] or 813-396-9944.

this is weird. i never got this email. however I have my amcas submitted and I never was invited to fill in the IMS application but mrs. smith said she has my application. i am assuming she meant amcas? is it over to be invited to apply to IMS?
 
is the invitation to IMS a seperate application? is it too late for it? i was never invited too apply but when i emailed them they said they have my application
Yeah, that is strange. But the IMS application is very basic and I'm sure they will be using information from the AMCAS app to decide who they invite to an interview. So if Ms. Shirley Smith says she has your app, I'm assuming you're being considered.
 
has anyone else heard about interviews yet? i know one person earlier in the thread got an invite, but wasnt sure if anyone else has yet
 
I received the same email and was scheduled over phone for this week. Best of luck to everyone 🙂
Anyone know how many people were invited, and if the process closed?
 
Hey all,
From what I understood, the program has closed. There was only one interview session, and from that, they'll be selecting the class. Best of luck to all!
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it sounds like they've called everyone.
Na, thanks so much for letting me know! 🙂
I been trying to get a hold of the admission's office the last two days so it's good to get some info (even if it isn't the best for me)! Also, Congrats!
 
Na, thanks so much for letting me know! 🙂
I been trying to get a hold of the admission's office the last two days so it's good to get some info (even if it isn't the best for me)! Also, Congrats!
A friend of mine is in the same boat, I wish they'd call everyone or at the very least email-- it's not like there were many of us!
Thank you so much and good luck, I hope everything works out! Being called to interview means you're almost there!!!
 
Na, thanks so much for letting me know! 🙂
I been trying to get a hold of the admission's office the last two days so it's good to get some info (even if it isn't the best for me)! Also, Congrats!
im in the same boat you are I didn't get a call either :/ do you or anyone else know for those who didn't get accepted how many were officially rejected versus wait listed ?
 
im in the same boat you are I didn't get a call either :/ do you or anyone else know for those who didn't get accepted how many were officially rejected versus wait listed ?

No idea, but just got the wait list letter yesterday . Since they interviewed like only 20 people, I'm guessing everyone that didn't get the call got waitlisted.