USF MSMS 2018-19

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jboogie500

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys! I'm just starting this thread and planning to apply to this Master's Program. Feel free to post to thread if you are also applying.

University of South Florida Master's of Medical Sciences

Members don't see this ad.

Just applied last Thursday! Does anyone know how long they take to review the application?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just applied last Thursday! Does anyone know how long they take to review the application?
It takes about 3 weeks. You get an email saying they have received your application and then it just has to be accepted by the admissions committee. Then you get a letter in the mail confirming acceptance.

Im applying but my gpa is kinda low, so hopefully they are super holistic lol

I'm in! This program was not my first choice - in fact it will be 4 years since I graduated by the time I go to medical school now - if I get in! - but I shadowed one of the current students a few weeks ago and it seems like a generally well-rounded program that just wants its students to succeed - laid back, majority good lectures, great for improving MCAT vocab/concept understanding, from what I saw! Good luck to everyone and congrats to those in - looking forward to 2018-2019 and giving med school one last shot!

Reactions: 1 user
How many students make up the class- saw somewhere that it’s around 25 but elsewhere it seemed in the 100’s- since there is no official or unofficial linkage with their med school, about how many students get into the med school?

I think it’s 200 something accepted out of around 1000 applicants

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

I just received the email of acceptance today! Good luck to everyone who is still waiting :) feel free to pm or ask questions about the app

Accepted! I applied March 29 and was accepted April 3. Does anyone know which med schools alumni matriculate to? I really want to go to an allopathic school.

@Jamisan congrats! I don’t know which schools but that really depends on their stats too

Members don't see this ad :)
How did you guys send your letters of rec? I sent mine to the email they provided through interfolio, but I havent gotten a confirmation email yet. ive paid and everything. I'm getting super worried now

How did you guys send your letters of rec? I sent mine to the email they provided through interfolio, but I havent gotten a confirmation email yet. ive paid and everything. I'm getting super worried now

I sent through the application portal. I’m not sure how it works through Interfolio :/

Hi I got accepted today. Is anyone looking for a male roommate?

Hey,

So I got into the Anatomy concentration, which is what I wanted because I'm very interested in Anatomy. I was just wondering if anybody knows whether or not the concentration makes a difference on a medical school application? I had selected the Pre-Professional track as my second option, so now I'm wondering if maybe one looks better than the other? Can someone help me with this please? Thanks.

Was accepted into the pre-professional track in March. Wondering if there's a Facebook group or a GroupMe for admitted students?

Was accepted into the pre-professional track in March. Wondering if there's a Facebook group or a GroupMe for admitted students?
Accepted into the pre-professional track as well. They sent a facebook link within the email but it hasn't been active since February.

Accepted into the pre-professional track as well. They sent a facebook link within the email but it hasn't been active since February.
Found an unofficial facebook group called "USF MSMS Pre professional Program 2018-2019". Won't let me post the link for the group.

I was also accepted to the pre-professional track. I can’t find the Facebook page :/

For students who got accepted into pre professional track, do you mind sharing your stats?
I applied today and I haven't seen anyone on this thread with students who are interested in going the dental route.

Pre-professional: cGPA 3.29, sGPA 3.04, MCAT 507. Application materials received on March 15th, recommended for admission on March 16th, and accepted on March 29th.

Hey guys! I'm technically in the IMS concentration, but I figured I would post here because I'm looking for roommate(s).

Unlike what my screen name might suggest, I'm a guy and am in no way affiliated with the Catholic church or any convents. ;) My friends tend to describe me as genuine, humble, and chill. Activites I enjoy include working out, watching movies, and getting out into nature. I'm also politically liberal if that's an issue.

My ideal roommate would be focused, relaxed, and humorous. (Extra points if you like Game of Thrones and/or Rick and Morty!)

If you're looking for a roommate, message me! Tell me about you and what kind of person you're hoping to find. Then I can tell you more about me and we can see whether or not we'd be a good fit!

Last edited:
Anyone got any updates recently? Accepted? Denied? Anything? lol. I know this is the busiest time with today being the deadline but I'm so anxious to hear something.

I have been waiting for what feels like FOREVERRRRRRR. But I hoping, praying, and wishing for the best. What concentration did you apply for?
Pre-professional but Anatomy as my second option. I just need to what to plan for. :nailbiting:

Got my email this morning. Recommended for admission. Now just waiting for official notice from graduate admissions. Good luck to those still waiting!

accepted today!
what are the main differences between this and IMS? and does this help at all with admissions to their med school? I dont want to have to take another gap year after completing a masters

Hey guys. I applied to the program a couple days ago. My stats are : sGPA: 3.64 , cGPA: 3.58, GRE: 297. My GRE is below average. That makes me worried a lot. I don't know if i might get accepted with those stats.

i got accepted today. I am so happy. If you guys have any questions, let me know.

Reactions: 1 users
Pre-professional: cGPA 3.29, sGPA 3.04, MCAT 507. Application materials received on March 15th, recommended for admission on March 16th, and accepted on March 29th.
Wow! So it took almost 2 weeks to get your official acceptance after being recommended for admission?

Accepted! Super excited!
Does anyone know, with the 200 acceptances, is that for all concentrations combined?

Last edited:
I was accepted a few weeks ago. Is anyone looking for a female roommate?

Reactions: 2 users
For students who got accepted into pre professional track, do you mind sharing your stats?
I applied today and I haven't seen anyone on this thread with students who are interested in going the dental route.

I got in last month I just found this thread. I'm interested in going the dental route. Anyone else? I wonder why the Facebook group isn't more active?

I got in last month I just found this thread. I'm interested in going the dental route. Anyone else? I wonder why the Facebook group isn't more active?
What’s the Facebook group called? I haven’t been able to find one for this cycle.

I got accepted a little while ago to the pre professional track, looking forward to it! It took almost two weeks for my status to go from recommended for admission to accepted as well.
The facebook group I found was "USF MSMS Pre professional Program 2018-2019"

My status finally changed to accepted today. I was going crazy waiting, next monday would’ve been two weeks. I can finally allow myself to get excited! lol

I got accepted a few weeks ago to the pre professional track. I'm looking for study buddies that are trying to KILL IT (in terms of 4.0). I'm moving to Tampa at the end of July so I have plenty of time to get set up.

Reactions: 4 users
Also, has anyone that has gotten accepted, done so in pursuit of a career in dentistry? I'm keeping all my options open.

I got accepted a few weeks ago to the pre professional track. I'm looking for study buddies that are trying to KILL IT (in terms of 4.0). I'm moving to Tampa at the end of July so I have plenty of time to get set up.

feel the same way :) let me know if you want to set up a study group to review at least once a week. wanted to pm you but I don't think that option is on for you.

What’s the Facebook group called? I haven’t been able to find one for this cycle.
Well... I somehow stumbled upon this page lol. Current MSP3 student here (MSMS pre-professional track). I remember getting the proper Facebook group (you will have an official master's facebook group and a TA group as well) during orientation so don't sweat it! Crazy to think I only have one more month before graduation!!!! If you all have any questions or concerns, let me know! I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.

How many students make up the class- saw somewhere that it’s around 25 but elsewhere it seemed in the 100’s- since there is no official or unofficial linkage with their med school, about how many students get into the med school?
My class--the pre-professional track has around 180ish students. I believe they state that around 20% get into MD/DO DURING the year. And another 60ish% the year after. The remaining 20% either don't perform well, drop out, or change career paths I'd assume. I believe the anatomy concentration has around 30 students.

Well... I somehow stumbled upon this page lol. Current MSP3 student here (MSMS pre-professional track). I remember getting the proper Facebook group (you will have an official master's facebook group and a TA group as well) during orientation so don't sweat it! Crazy to think I only have one more month before graduation!!!! If you all have any questions or concerns, let me know! I'll try to answer to the best of my ability.
Have you taken or do you know anyone who has taken the MCAT prep course they offer? Do you believe it is possible to juggle this course during the spring semester?