USF Pharmacy 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
3/14-19 SPRING BREAK USF. Will we even hear back?
February 29 - March 4 Service Break FOR USF COP

I know how you feel, but your sadness reassures me I'm not alone. Seems like most everybody this thread (789 Views ) no acceptance yet. So that's a good thing! I think we'll hear by Monday or Tuesday. Those lads who got accepted said they heard on Tuesday not Monday. Keep your hopes up and study well for those remaining courses.

Is anyone in the dilemma -should / no apply another school No acceptance USF next week?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
3/14-19 SPRING BREAK USF. Will we even hear back?
February 29 - March 4 Service Break FOR USF COP

I know how you feel, but your sadness reassures me I'm not alone. Seems like most everybody this thread (789 Views ) no acceptance yet. So that's a good thing! I think we'll hear by Monday or Tuesday. Those lads who got accepted said they heard on Tuesday not Monday. Keep your hopes up and study well for those remaining courses.

If we hear back lets go to BUFFET chow. If no get in, then apply to the school that was meant for you.

Is anyone in the dilemma -should / no apply another school No acceptance USF next week?

Aw, thank you. I feel a little bit better I'm not the only one feeling this way. I really do hope we get answers next week though.
I am definitely working on requirements while waiting for acceptance. I told myself I will definitely become a pharmacist by 2020, so I will go to the school that picks me

Good luck to all of us! :)

Hi, I am a P1 at USF COP. I can try to answer questions u might have

Members don't see this ad :)
No phone calls/e-mail received :( I'm so sad... **sigh

FYI I got a phone call kinda late in the cycle. In cases such as acceptance phone calls/rejection emails, I'd expect them later than sooner.

Hi, I am a P1 at USF COP. I can try to answer questions u might have

Sure! Which elective courses do you recommend early on? I'm trying to position myself in either a consultant or industry setting

I got my call today from Jeremy and I got in. I was very surprised as I did not feel my interview went as well as I would have liked. Just the same I am glad, the suspense was killing me. Hope to hear some good news from other applicants.

I got my call today from Jeremy and I got in. I was very surprised as I did not feel my interview went as well as I would have liked. Just the same I am glad, the suspense was killing me. Hope to hear some good news from other applicants.

Congrats bro! Welcome to the marshmallow club

I got denied. 2.6 GPA 90+ PCAT. They said they're were better grades candidates. so bummmmed. wat everyone stats

yes, have u heard back? i was so sure i got in.

What day was your interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't hear back either. They said they have a waitlist as well.

Sorry to hear that Yagami, but don't give up and try the other schools as well! UF and NSU have several campuses (NSU has one in Puerto Rico as well, if you can survive our tropical setting :) )

My opinion, USF is picking all the way until May. Got an email few weeks ago about the "Second Look" (which is an event meant for accepted applicants to help their final choice on which school to attend) which right now seems set for May 15.

Thank you Epi, you're nice guy.

Thank you for your admissions application and interest in the University of South Florida, College of Pharmacy. I regret to inform you that, following a careful and thorough review of your application materials, the Admissions Committee is not able to extend to you an offer of admission for the Class of 2020.

This decision was very difficult as your credentials are competitive with requirements set by our admissions committee. Please know that your application was indeed given careful consideration, as well as to all the supporting documentation that you provided. The factors considered by The Committee include GPA, PCAT scores, letters of recommendations, personal statement, work experience, leadership ability, communication skills, maturity, and other characteristics measured through the interview.

In a comparison of your credentials with many applicants, the committee felt there were more qualified applicants across all areas considered. There is a high level of competition for a very limited number of spaces in the class. As a result, we must deny admission to many qualified applicants who have a sincere interest in studying pharmacy at our school.

Therefore, I’d like to encourage you to continue to be persistent in accomplishing your goals and making your pharmacy dreams come true. Feel free to contact Ms. Rodriguez-Snapp at [email protected] if you would like schedule an in-person or phone advising session. The session will focus on how to strengthen your portfolio for reapplication. Phone and/or in-person meetings will be conducted in May.

The committee thanks you for your interest in our PharmD program and we wish you the best in your future academic career.
Sincerely,
Nazach Rodriguez-Snapp

GPA is main PCAT is second main. Why did they even bother asking me for interview knowing ahead of time my pcat and gpa. wat a waste of effort and hope. GPA 2.68 is really my own drawback, i cant see nothing else. move on.

No email or phone call yet.. I'm freaking out

I haven't heard back either. I have been waiting all day for an e-mail or phone call. I just want to move on with my life at this point. :(:(:(:(

And I agree with Epi, Light I hope you don't give up on applying to other schools. I wish you luck!:xf:

I haven't heard back either. I have been waiting all day for an e-mail or phone call. I just want to move on with my life at this point. :(:(:(:(

And I agree with Epi, Light I hope you don't give up on applying to other schools. I wish you luck!:xf:
When was your interview and when did you submit your application?

My interview was on the 25th and I submitted my app sometime in December

My interview was on the 25th and I submitted my app sometime in December
I'm hoping they get back to us this week because this is killing me. Has anyone spoken to the college about when they will let the rest of us know?

Not really, IMO. I personally was indifferent about the length of the break because I pulled 40+ hours a week at the pharmacy I intern at during my "breaks." My stress really just came from working every single weekend and grabbing an extra shift or two during the week. If I wasn't working at all, then I'd have no trouble passing all my classes with better grades than what I have now haha.
Thanks! I got accepted and am planning on commuting from Sarasota and was wondering how you felt about this. And I know the class times for the first year is 10-3/10-4 but what about the second and third year?

Thanks! I got accepted and am planning on commuting from Sarasota and was wondering how you felt about this. And I know the class times for the first year is 10-3/10-4 but what about the second and third year?

If you have IPPE in the morning, you might get caught in the traffic where I-4 connects with I-75. I know there were a few times I was late for class and I was commuting from Lakeland. I ended up moving to an apartment complex nearby USF just to save myself the hassle. As for 2nd and 3rd year classes, I forgot 2nd year (lol) but 3rd year classes are usually in the afternoon. Currently I only have 1 morning class on Monday and Friday. The mornings are reserved mainly for IPPE.

I had an interview at USF on 2/25/16 and STILL have not heard back. Anyone else in this situation?! Also...do they email you or just call? My phone has been acting up lately so I'd hope that if I missed the phone call, I would receive an email from them.

I had an interview at USF on 2/25/16 and STILL have not heard back. Anyone else in this situation?! Also...do they email you or just call? My phone has been acting up lately so I'd hope that if I missed the phone call, I would receive an email from them.

I interviewed on 2/12 and I haven't heard back either. I called and was told the decision hasn't been made for me, I guess that means I am on the waiting list or something. I wish they would've informed us where we stand, you know. Anyways, I was told the ADCOM will meet again on 4/1. So that means the rest of us will not hear anything till April. :dead:

Valentine- they communicate via both. They did email BEFORE the call

it's possible they plan on accepting a bulk of people on April because, frankly, there's only a handful of people I heard of that have been accepted at this point, and the final class should be near 100

Also, can any current students recommend apt complexes or housings? I couldn't find one yet that didn't have $hark$ for management or "teenagers with supercharged cars @3am". It's a bit hard for me to tell which places are good considering I still live on an island :/

***UPDATE: I got my acceptance call today. I can't believe it. thank you USF for granting my wish. This is the best surprise I've ever had in awhile. I am beyond ecstatic! :clap::clap::clap:

Reactions: 3 users
Also, can any current students recommend apt complexes or housings? I couldn't find one yet that didn't have $hark$ for management or "teenagers with supercharged cars @3am". It's a bit hard for me to tell which places are good considering I still live on an island :/

I currently live at the Park at Stonebrook. It's like literally a 5 minute drive to campus and it's in an okay part of Tampa. Most of the people living here are pretty quiet so I've never had an issue with noise. For the most part, it's a decent place to live. You'd think that since it's so close to campus that there would be a bunch of college-age students living here, but that's not the case.

I currently live at the Park at Stonebrook. It's like literally a 5 minute drive to campus and it's in an okay part of Tampa. Most of the people living here are pretty quiet so I've never had an issue with noise. For the most part, it's a decent place to live. You'd think that since it's so close to campus that there would be a bunch of college-age students living here, but that's not the case.

Thanks very much! I'll look into it!

I was in that situation and then called them. They said they didn't review my application. Then the next day I got my acceptance.

Valentine- they communicate via both. They did email BEFORE the call

it's possible they plan on accepting a bulk of people on April because, frankly, there's only a handful of people I heard of that have been accepted at this point, and the final class should be near 100

I currently go to USF and would recommend non student housing which has multiple options.

Admissions are meeting this Friday 4/1 and again on 4/15 so for all those that are still waiting we still have a chance!

Make it already!! I'll join ye promptly haha

Man, I was trying so hard to find that page, thanks a lot!

Hey guys! I was accepted to USF as part of early decision back in October. I live in Tampa and know this area pretty well, so if anyone wants to know about where to live etc. you can send me a private message! I'm so excited to meet everyone.

For those who interviewed in March, have you heard back with a decision yet? I am still waiting.

For those who are waitlisted, did anyone heard anything back?

They told me today that I was placed on the top third of the list. I don't know if there's a real chance