USF vs PCOM MS?

Started by seymour11
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

seymour11

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello everyone,

I was recently admitted to USF's 1-year MSMS program and GA-PCOM's 2-year Biomedical Sciences program. I plan on applying to PA or AA school after completion. Does anyone know if admissions to these types of programs have a preference for a master's from an allopathic school over an osteopathic medical school? Also, if I stay in GA I can continue a valuable research project at Emory, but would be attending the osteopathic school. Any input/advice is greatly appreciated!
 
Hello everyone,

I was recently admitted to USF's 1-year MSMS program and GA-PCOM's 2-year Biomedical Sciences program. I plan on applying to PA or AA school after completion. Does anyone know if admissions to these types of programs have a preference for a master's from an allopathic school over an osteopathic medical school? Also, if I stay in GA I can continue a valuable research project at Emory, but would be attending the osteopathic school. Any input/advice is greatly appreciated!
Are you sure you are not trying to use PA school as a fail safe if you don't get into med school?