Usf

Started by Niko
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Niko

Junior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I recently interviewed at University of South Florida and was really impressed with the program. It was by far the most laid back of all the places I have interviewed at. My dilemma right now is whether to choose a place like USF with a great lifestyle or UCLA which has a great reputation. I hope to have a private practice in the future. How important is reputation when it comes to psychiatry training programs? I appreciate all replies
 
I am faced with the same choice, but it's not a tough one for me. I'm ranking USF as my #1 for the reasons you mentioned, also because of their high board pass rate, and the fact that if you're not interested in a high-profile academic position after residency, it doesn't really matter what's on your CV.