USIMG EM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

EmImgOrChildPsych

Reaction score
Anyone know any institutew with USIMGs in EM? Have a bunch of questions...

Members don't see this ad.

My program currently has 2. The program I trained at had a couple as well. Hit me up if you have any questions.

This file attached below may or may not be helpful. It's CORD's advising guide for IMGs.

Attachments

• 2018-advising-the-img-.pdf
    1,000.1 KB · Views: 98
Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
My program currently has 2. The program I trained at had a couple as well. Hit me up if you have any questions.

This file attached below may or may not be helpful. It's CORD's advising guide for IMGs.

Thanks a lot for sharing.
Do you know how many non US-IMG applications do you receive per year? The number who match seems to be very low around 20-30.

I don't know the exact number that applied. If I remember, we didn't interview any non-US IMG's last year. The pathway for a non-US IMG to match in EM is very difficult. I think it was like 28 that matched last year out of the 2200 or so EM spots. Many states saw ZERO non-US IMGs match in their entire state when you look at the state by state data. There are just very few opportunities for non-US IMGs.

I don't know the exact number that applied. If I remember, we didn't interview any non-US IMG's last year. The pathway for a non-US IMG to match in EM is very difficult. I think it was like 28 that matched last year out of the 2200 or so EM spots. Many states saw ZERO non-US IMGs match in their entire state when you look at the state by state data. There are just very few opportunities for non-US IMGs.

Thanks for the reply. Would PD's consider non US IMG's on a meritorious basis if they manage SLOE's? Or could they use a filter for non US IMG's anyway?

Thanks for the reply. Would PD's consider non US IMG's on a meritorious basis if they manage SLOE's? Or could they use a filter for non US IMG's anyway?
The answer to this question (like all of your questions) is yes...and no. No more precise or specific advice can be provided to you, no matter how many times you ask.

Reactions: 1 users

Yes they can filter you out anyways. Without SLOEs, I'd put the percent chance of matching as a non-US IMG as about 0%.

Reactions: 1 user

Among the 28 that matched last year, about 3/4th were home govt financed applicants from Saudi Arabia and some other Arab countries. An average applicant of this group is way different from other matched non US/US Img's, with most having step scores <230.