Using BRS books during dedicated?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Fried Plantaris

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've got basically the entire set from older students. They don't seem too thick. I'm thinking of reading the physio, path, and the histo/cell bio books during the first half of dedicated. Can anybody speak to how relevant these resources were for step 1?

Members don't see this ad.

No. I would watch OME videos during dedicated or read AMBOSS articles if you are a reader.

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

The only one out of those that I've heard is good for this purpose is BRS physiology, if you're weak in that subject. It's just an abbreviated form of big Costanzo, which is the gold standard for phys.

Members don't see this ad :)
No. I would watch OME videos during dedicated or read AMBOSS articles if you are a reader.

Watching videos is more passive than reading so I decided already that I'll mostly read. And follow along with a highlighter. What are these AMBOSS articles?

Watching videos is more passive than reading so I decided already that I'll mostly read. And follow along with a highlighter. What are these AMBOSS articles?
AMBOSS learning cards. Pretty useful. Either that or first aid.
I usually print them

Don’t waste too much time with those books for step 1. During dedicated, you should be spending 90% of your time on UW. Patch up deficiencies with pathoma and Sketchy if that’s your thing.

Reading is just as passive. This is not what dedicated is for. You need to be devoting most of your time to UW, as mentioned above, and reinforcing weak areas with things like BnB/Pathoma/Sketchy. If you want a book resource, use FA. Dedicated is not the time to be reading any actual textbook in my opinion.