Using DATBooster instead of DATBootcamp

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheGreatPianist

Reaction score
I’m retaking the DAT this summer and I'm considering using DATBooster and DATDestroyer. Can someone shed light if this will be effective?

Members don't see this ad.

I’m using it right now and I really like it so far. It’s similar to DATBootcamp but it gets straight to the point so you don’t waste valuable time like the videos on Bootcamp. I’ve been using it for a few days now so I’ll comment more after using it some more.

Reactions: 1 users
Wow, I just realized they have this now. I took a look and it looks really good, I think Bootcamp is going to have some competition. I took the DAT last summer and did well (24AA/27PAT). From my experience, if DATBooster is created by the same owners of PATBooster and you combine it with DATDestroyer, you will do amazing.

xoxo

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
DAT Bootcamp is proven. I'm not saying DATBooster isn't good/doesn't have potential, but why would you switch from a study service that has proven effective for thousands of students?

Some people could be interested in looking for study services that are even more effective, especially if they are made by people with a good reputation. In 2017, 0 out of the 12426 people that took the DAT that year got a score higher than a 27 on PAT. Then PATBooster came out, and you started seeing reports of 30's on PAT. People were saying that about DATBootcamp when it first launched, and questioned why someone would consider anything other than DATDestroyer or Kaplan.

Some people could be interested in looking for study services that are even more effective, especially if they are made by people with a good reputation. In 2017, 0 out of the 12426 people that took the DAT that year got a score higher than a 27 on PAT. Then PATBooster came out, and you started seeing reports of 30's on PAT. People were saying that about DATBootcamp when it first launched, and questioned why someone would consider anything other than DATDestroyer or Kaplan.
But you're asking people to invest hundreds of dollars in something that is not proven. Maybe once it gains some traction and many people have reported success using it. I just know I would not invest my money into an unproven product yet. Wait for some people to use it and get some feedback on it. Otherwise, Bootcamp is the way to go imo.

But you're asking people to invest hundreds of dollars in something that is not proven. Maybe once it gains some traction and many people have reported success using it. I just know I would not invest my money into an unproven product yet. Wait for some people to use it and get some feedback on it. Otherwise, Bootcamp is the way to go imo.

Yup, I agree. DATBooster could have some initial ironing out to do over the next year or two before it gains traction. At the same time, those of us who are retaking the DAT may have a unique and valuable perspective. Over 90% of my prep material for the first round was from DATBootcamp, so I'm somewhat familiar with it. I plan on giving DATBooster a shot, and I think I'll be able to tell relatively quickly if it has clear advantages/disadvantages compared to DATBootcamp. Their team has proven themselves enough with PATBooster to warrant me giving it a chance, especially at $200 which is reasonable for at least some people. If it turns out that DATBooster isn't so hot, then I'll jump back into DATBootcamp. If it turns out that it's got an edge over BC in some sections, then I guess I'll be one of the few guinea pig pioneers that lucked out and got an advantage.

But how will it gain traction and prove successful if no one tries it out lol

Let other people be guinea pigs. Not yourself. Unless you have money laying around that you don’t mind spending.

I used PATBooster around the first time it came out, and even then it was miles ahead of whatever DATBootcamp offered. So I have no doubt that whatever DATBooster offers is going to be really good.

@TheGreatPianist From my experience, using DATDestroyer and PATBooster was very effective, so I'm confident that using DATDestroyer and DATBooster will get you some really good results. Good luck! :)