Using earplug?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jhsim0223

Anteather!
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am just wondering if I can use earplug during REAL DAT.

I expect some noise at the prometric test center. So If using earplug is not prohibited, I will use it.......

Is there anyone who used earplug? or should I calll prometric center to make sure?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I would call before you take the test. It was REALLY REALLY noisy where I was at. They provide some noise isolation headphones, but even that didn't help. And when I wanted silence, I had to tilt and raise my head to get that. It sucked! Totally worth your time to check, especially if you're sensitive to noise for a critical test. Shoot...even my classrooms at my college isn't as noisy as the test center I went to. I guess I now know what to expect next time I go over there (if there's a next time).

You are allowed to bring in your own ear plugs but what they recommend is that you buy a sealed one from any store. so they can open it for you. yes their will be a lot of typing noise.

actually when I was testing, they provided earplugs as well as these noise reducing head phones. I used both!

they provided earplugs

Hope they weren't used before you!

At the testing center where I took the DAT, they just required that they be the soft (foam) kind. The guy that worked there made me pinch them in front of him to ensure they were squishy.